Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NBC Acquires NASCAR Rights starting in '15

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

http://m.sportsbusin...ASCAR-NBC.aspx?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using DBSTalk mobile app

Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 370 posts
  • LocationDover, PA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

I for one am glad to see this as i always thought TNT's coverage of any sporting event well... sucked....

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#3 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

I for one am glad to see this as i always thought TNT's coverage of any sporting event well... sucked....

Agreed, but as far as the ESPN part, I hope Allen Bestwick goes back to NBC as the main guy.  I still prefer the Fox part of the season, but I've always thought Bestwick was one of the better lead guys in Nascar.   

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#4 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

http://m.sportsbusin...ASCAR-NBC.aspx?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using DBSTalk mobile app

The deal actually doesn't start until 2015.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

From the linked article:

Deal terms have NBC picking up the rights to the final 20 races of the Sprint Cup Series season, ... Seven of those races will be carried on the NBC broadcast channel; 13 will be available on NBC Sports Network.

NBC also picks up rights to the last 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series events – four of which will be on NBC and 15 on NBCSN.

Turner's other three races, as well as 14 Nationwide Series races, still are available;

Terms give NBC rights to NASCAR practice and qualifying sessions, the K&N Series, Whelen Modified Tour, Toyota (Mexico) Series, HOF induction ceremony and season-ending banquets. As part of the deal, NBC also picks up Spanish-language, VOD and TV Everywhere rights.

Wow. NBC has done good. Not only taking ESPN out of the equation but taking a major portion of Fox/FS1/Speed's additional content that they have been providing for years.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,119 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

While there coverage may not have been as good as Fox, it was considerably better than what ESPN offers.  ESPN's personalities for NASCAR are dry and would be better suited for something like paint drying.   Watching today's Brickyard 400 was painful to say the least. 

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#7 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,119 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

From the linked article:

Terms give NBC rights to NASCAR practice and qualifying sessions, the K&N Series, Whelen Modified Tour, Toyota (Mexico) Series, HOF induction ceremony and season-ending banquets. As part of the deal, NBC also picks up Spanish-language, VOD and TV Everywhere rights.

Wow. NBC has done good. Not only taking ESPN out of the equation but taking a major portion of Fox/FS1/Speed's additional content that they have been providing for years.

Would they also take over the qualifying races for Fox's portion of NASCAR?   The article seemed to leave this question in a gray area. I could understand that NBC woudl get the rights to the events they covered while Fox maintained their rights (since this is mroe or less how it currently works).   

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,336 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Would they also take over the qualifying races for Fox's portion of NASCAR?   The article seemed to leave this question in a gray area. I could understand that NBC woudl get the rights to the events they covered while Fox maintained their rights (since this is mroe or less how it currently works).

Yep ... I believe each will be getting the content for their half of the season.

BTW: Fox has picked up the rest of the schedule -
NASCAR completes TV package with Fox Sports

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR completed its $8.2 billion television package Thursday by adding two years to its deal with Fox Sports and setting a schedule that gives the network the first 16 Sprint Cup races beginning in 2015.

Fox Sports last year signed a deal for the first 13 Cup races beginning with the 2015 season and the latest deal gives the network three more Cup races to go with the first 14 Nationwide Series races. Fox Sports also extended the contract it had signed last year by two years, so it now runs through 2024 and is the same length as the deal NBC Sports signed last week.

Fox Sports will air nine Cup races on its network. The other seven will air on the Fox Sports 1 cable channel.

NBC Sports said last week seven of its 20 races would air on NBC. Coupled with Fox's broadcast races, NASCAR in 2015 will have 16 total races on a network broadcast — the same number as this year.

The first 14 Nationwide Series race and the entire Truck Series schedule will air on Fox Sports 1, the all-sports network that launches this month. The Truck Series race from Michigan International Speedway on Aug. 17 will be the network's first live event, and NASCAR will be an anchor property for Fox Sports 1.

http://www.lockhaven...isap=1&nav=5054
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

spam firewall