Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Would like to professionally increase antenna reception

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Looking for experienced, even on the side, for Madison channel reception problem.
Have Winegard HD9095P with no preamp/filter. UHF Yagi roof mount. R66 cable - no spllitters.
App 5yrs old. All Madison channels app. 42mi away from Watertown house. Receive excellent reception on their NBC, PBS, CW, and ABC channels but marginal, at best on their CBS and FOX channels.

If interested in looking let us know your experience, fees, etc.
920-2612624
Thank you in advance

AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Interestingly enough, the CBS station (WISC) shows on TVFOOL.COM to be your second strongest channel in Watertown.   The only thing I noticed, is the two channels you are having difficulty with are rather high up in frequency (channel 50 and channel 49).   Its possible that your coax cable has enough attenuation at those high frequencies, as to render those channels problematic.  

Before I paid someone to come out there, I would slap a decent preamp (channel master 7777) preamp on your mast.  This should boost the signal enough to overcome your coax loss.   You could also replace your cable with some low loss RG11 or RG6QS to further improve the signal from the antenna to the receiver.

Hopefully you have a rotor up there, as you should be able to get Milwaukee, and probably Chicago and Rockford Ill at night there.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 721 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Probably won't get Chicago. I am south of 94 on western edge of Waukesha County with 4 cheap Radio Shack antennas on a 2 story house and I get all Milwaukee and Madison channels very strong, but only Rockford at nighttime hours.

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

Protected By... spam firewall...And...