Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Issue with Hopper PIP/Video Sticking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FilmMixer

FilmMixer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Had a new install Monday..  2 HWS, 1 Joey.

Last night, my daughter had been watching Cartoon Network..

I changed the channel to our local ABC affiliate live TV (on this DVR PTAT is disabled, and the DVR wasn't recording anything.

Decided to mess around with the PIP for the first time...

All worked well.... returned to live TV, ABC.

Went into DVR, selected the other Hopper WS where PTAT is enabled and started playback of a show from Tuesday night.

Video was from Cartoon Network live feed, with no audio......

Thought maybe I made a mistake.. went back to the DVR menu, into PTAT, selected show to watch, hit start over.

Video was from Cartoon Network (live feed) and audio was from DVR PTAT playback...

Stumped.. I excited payback and returned to live TV...  it went to my ABC broadcast.

Red Button checked tuners.. only ABC listed.

Started PIP again...  ABC on main, Cartoon Network on PIP..

Exited again to live tv...   DVR'd back to other HWS, went to PB show, and again, picture from Cartoon, audio from DVR PTAT show..

Hit PIP, and as normal behavior, no PIP..

Exited back to Live TV.

Power cycled HWS.. no red button.

After that, all worked well.

Today I had an issue with the Joey saying it had no broadband connection.... after many tries, and a couple of other setting flips, it worked as normal and On Demand started working again...

Hope these issues are not SOP for this system.. :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

What are the software versions for your receivers?  There is an issue with some 2 Hopper installations where the DVR content for the other Hopper cannot be accessed.  The workaround is resetting the receiver.  Please provide me more details of exactly what is occurring if you have more than already listed below.  Thanks.

Had a new install Monday..  2 HWS, 1 Joey.

Last night, my daughter had been watching Cartoon Network..

I changed the channel to our local ABC affiliate live TV (on this DVR PTAT is disabled, and the DVR wasn't recording anything.

Decided to mess around with the PIP for the first time...

All worked well.... returned to live TV, ABC.

Went into DVR, selected the other Hopper WS where PTAT is enabled and started playback of a show from Tuesday night.

Video was from Cartoon Network live feed, with no audio......

Thought maybe I made a mistake.. went back to the DVR menu, into PTAT, selected show to watch, hit start over.

Video was from Cartoon Network (live feed) and audio was from DVR PTAT playback...

Stumped.. I excited payback and returned to live TV...  it went to my ABC broadcast.

Red Button checked tuners.. only ABC listed.

Started PIP again...  ABC on main, Cartoon Network on PIP..

Exited again to live tv...   DVR'd back to other HWS, went to PB show, and again, picture from Cartoon, audio from DVR PTAT show..

Hit PIP, and as normal behavior, no PIP..

Exited back to Live TV.

Power cycled HWS.. no red button.

After that, all worked well.

Today I had an issue with the Joey saying it had no broadband connection.... after many tries, and a couple of other setting flips, it worked as normal and On Demand started working again...

Hope these issues are not SOP for this system.. :(

spam firewall