Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Moving client from one room to another

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

I have the genie and 2 clients. Outside by the dish I see one connection slot where a coax can be added. Can I add a coax cable to that switch (I guess you call it a switch). That way I can run that coax from the switch to the 3rd bedroom. Then during football season, will it be possible to borrow one of the kids clients to the master bedroom. I don't want a third client because it wouldn't get used any except during football season. I think that describes what I'm trying to ask. I apologize if its a jumbled mess. I'm not sure what I'm asking so I hope someone can see what I'm asking lol. Thanks in advance!
B00BOO

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,379 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

What does the label on that "switch" say?  I'm guessing it's actually a SWM Splitter.   If so, then yes, you can run another RG6 coax cable to your 3rd bedroom to use with one of the Genie Clients.  

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,837 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

What does the label on the "switch" indicate that it is?

If it were truly a switch (unlikely), it would have at least 12 ports on it.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,898 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

And be sure to use the terminator that you removed for the new coax to replace at the unused coax inside. . . use a coax 'bullett' - screw terminals on each end.

SWiM splitters come in 2, 4 or 8 ports - it's better to use the smallest possible - and have a green label on them.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#5 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Ok I looked on it. It says on it that it is a "SPLITTER SWM 4 WAY" Has one coax in and 3 out. So I'm guessing from the post on here I'm good to go, to add a 4th coax out to my 3rd bedroom. Thanks again for the replies.
B00BOO

spam firewall