Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2013-14 Thread / All NHL topics and NHL Center ICE

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi, welcome to the new NHL Thread for the new season 2013-14  all topics reguarding NHL, or hockey, anything NHL center ice, NHL GameCenter Live, etc.

post here and will have fun, and we get a full season yay,  Lots of stuff happening.  We will have 5 outdoor games this year, and olympics.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

heard reports nhl is looking to expand to seattle for 14-15 where else might they expand to get to 32

There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

Vegas. They need to add to the West to balance out the East.

That said, I think it's ridiculous that they didn't contract or move certain teams.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

They need to branch out to Houston just so I can see my 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS visit. With the Aeros having fled to Des Moines, hockey is nonexistent down here.

BTW, the title of this thread should be edited to reflect the Blackhawks likely to win the Cup in 2014.   :raspberry

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,575 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Some days I still find it strange to find hockey in cities where there's never been a natural ice rink, and never will....Now, you go to your original eight, and you'll find some ice, all right!

GO SHARKS! Though the 'Hawks were my first team, then the Bruins, then the Rangers....(I root, root, root for the home team.... 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

well now with the re alignment there are 16 east teams 14 west, so rather do whats right and contract 2, the NHL is going to add 2,  the 2 cities  seattle and kansas city,  I'm not sure kansas city could support it, but they already have a new state of the art arena ready, Sprint Center was build several years ago, they built it to then hope an NHL or NBA or both come, so will see.

Chris something last name put out about 300m and the rest being paid by seattle tax payers to build a new arena, the plan is they have to add both and NHL and NBA team, so seattle is almost a lock for an NHL team, they are trying to get the kings from NBA but so far are remaning in sacramento so  I could see the bucks next on the list.

#7 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

..Now, you go to your original eight, and you'll find some ice, all right!

I've never heard of the Original Eight. Before the Original Six (1942-1967), there were ten teams in the the NHL, but I can't think of a time when there was eight.

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,575 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Well, just a few hours before signing teams 9 and 10! :) I must have mixed up Pac 8 with them, but, yes, six. Chicago, Boston, NY, Montreal, Tranna, and Detroit. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   JimmyKat

JimmyKat

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Any one have any luck getting a discount with the NHL renewal this year?

#10 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

I called several weeks ago (before the season schedule was even announced).

The CSR had no information about NHL CI (or hockey for that matter. She tried to tell me it is too early to call because the season doesn't even start until January, but "the pricing last year was $60.").

#11 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Lets hope the Seattle team gets on Root Sports and not CSN-NW.

#12 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

Sixers Owner Josh Harris and his group are planning to Buy the New Jersey Devils.  The current owner just missed a payment and the NHL was planning on taking control of the devils, but bettman says a sale could be imminent and a new owner could emerge soon.

http://www.csnphilly....other-entities

Sixers majority owner Joshua Harris and his investment group are considering the purchase of another professional sports franchise.

On Wednesday, Fox 29’s Howard Eskin tweeted:

“‪#sixers owners hve more going than finding HC. Highly placed sources tell me Owner Josh Harris and his group bidding on ‪#NJ Devils purchase”

Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed Eskin’s report, but they also indicated that Harris’s group has considered purchasing one of at least three different sports-related entities. The Devils are among those potential investments. Harris’s group, which includes former Sixers CEO Adam Aaron, is believed to be relatively small, but the acquisition team working on its behalf is at least 12 people deep.

According to Forbes, Harris is worth $2.1 billion. In 2011, he and the current Sixers ownership group bought the team for a reported $287 million. As of January 2013, Forbes valued the Sixers at $418 million.

#13 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Here are some more links, I'll try and find some tweets as to what the NHL is actually planning

http://www.libertyba...w-jersey-devils

#14 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hey, there is a report out that Vanderbeek is out, NHL took over the team after he failed to make his first payment. Can't find any links, but all over the twittersphere.

http://www.forbes.co....evils-looming/

Forbes: NHL to take over Devils; $230M in debt and team owner Jeff Vanderbeek missed the first payment on a recently restructured bank loan

https://twitter.com/....77290127265794

here are some new tweets i found

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1m
Devils will apparently be sold within the next few days.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 9m
Gary Bettman says the NHL will not take over the Devils, as reports suggest.

Forbes..... Wrong again, im in shock (not really)

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 12m
Gary Bettman says report NHL has plans to take over Devils is inaccurate.

Edited by la24philly, 08 August 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#15 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 933 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Got my bill in the mail today.  It stated that my auto-renew price for NHL CenterIce would be 4 payments at $39.99 or $160. Their website still does not show any price for CenterIce. Seems a little high for 1st full season back. Thought they might try luring more people with a more special price. Oh well........

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#16 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

Thankfully, the 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS are on Comcast Sports Chicago (665) for almost all of their games, with the rest on WGN and NBC, so the CI package for me would be a waste of money.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#17 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

Thankfully, the 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS are on Comcast Sports Chicago (665) for almost all of their games, with the rest on WGN and NBC, so the CI package for me would be a waste of money.

If you are not in Chicago area are you will not get the games on CSN with out NHL CI. also WGN games are only on WGN 9 not wgn america.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#18 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

I get the games on CSN. Every one of them.

#19 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

I get the games on CSN. Every one of them.

Through DirecTV?

#20 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

Of course.

spam firewall