Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL 2013-14 Thread / All NHL topics and NHL Center ICE

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,376 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

Wouldn't it make tons of sense to have your location noted in your avatar box when talking about regional matters? 

Please? It takes only a minute. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Does anybody know the status of Center Ice contract between Directv and NHL?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#23 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Thankfully, the 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS are on Comcast Sports Chicago (665) for almost all of their games, with the rest on WGN and NBC, so the CI package for me would be a waste of money.

If you are not in Chicago area are you will not get the games on CSN with out NHL CI. also WGN games are only on WGN 9 not wgn america.

I get the games on CSN. Every one of them.

Through DirecTV?

Of course.

All while living in the Houston DMA? Interesting and illegal.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#24 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,280 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

I never said anything about doing something illegal. Do not infer that which I do not imply.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#25 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

I imply nothing, but do ask: how do you manage to do that? 

#26 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Technology--ain't it grand? :D

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#27 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

I never said anything about doing something illegal. Do not infer that which I do not imply.

You're in Houston's DMA, watching games on CSN Chicago without CI on DirecTV. Seems legit. :grin:

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#28 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Oh, everything's legit, I assure you. Technology is wonderful.

#29 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

So, will you share what's going on, or play games?

#30 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Maybe a Slingbox. But, that'd mean he's not watching it on his DirecTV system in his residence.

#31 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

It's amazing what one very superlong coax cable can do. ;)

#32 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

So, will you share what's going on, or play games?

So maybe he has a buddy's or relatives extra receiver, that lives in Chicago down there with him. If both have Directv, (only way it would work anyway) what's the harm? They are both paying for the service, so no one is "stealing" anything.

I have no idea, just speculating and not implying that's what's going on. For me, I could care less.

Go Hawks!!

#33 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

That might not be illegal, per se, but it's a violation of the TOS, and something I do not do.

Sent from my EVO LTE using DBSTalk mobile app

#34 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,323 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

So maybe he has a buddy's or relatives extra receiver, that lives in Chicago down there with him. If both have Directv, (only way it would work anyway) what's the harm? They are both paying for the service, so no one is "stealing" anything.

I have no idea, just speculating and not implying that's what's going on. For me, I could care less.

Go Hawks!!

*IF* that is what he is doing, then he or his relatives would be violating the DirecTV TOS which says you have to keep them informed where their receivers are located.  They would also be violating the NHLs (and possibly other professional sports) contracts with DirecTV. For someone in TX to watch an out-of-market, non-national game, they have to buy that sports package. So they would be stealing services.

#35 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Did you not read my post above yours?

BTW, do you recall why one should never assume?

#36 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

I see.

Like I said I don't know.

But aren't you allowed to have 2 locations on your account? I.E. a summer home or winter home you can take a receiver with you? Or an RV? Or is that something that was changed with Directv?

I remember inquiring about this like 8-9 years ago, when I had a condo in FL and just wanted to take a receiver with me when I was there. At that time they said it was totally ok. Though I decided not to (there was no where to put a dish) it seemed possible. And if in this case if you had Center Ice then it would be totally legal?

#37 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,323 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Did you not read my post above yours?

BTW, do you recall why one should never assume?

You're the one making assumptions, not me.

#38 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Uh, no; YOU'RE the one making assumptions via your comments above.

#39 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

I see.

Like I said I don't know.

But aren't you allowed to have 2 locations on your account? I.E. a summer home or winter home you can take a receiver with you? Or an RV? Or is that something that was changed with Directv?

I remember inquiring about this like 8-9 years ago, when I had a condo in FL and just wanted to take a receiver with me when I was there. At that time they said it was totally ok. Though I decided not to (there was no where to put a dish) it seemed possible. And if in this case if you had Center Ice then it would be totally legal?

If you have two locations, I believe one is supposed to contact DirecTV to tell them when you're in one area or another. It's the ole vacation home location scenario.

I do have 2 legitimate, separate accounts, though, because of living in 2 places. I did this because of your aforementioned supposition and because of the TOS requirements. Plus, it made it easier to deal with each city's respective local channels. Having one location switched on then another switched off and back and forth was a big pain and messed with preset recordings.

#40 OFFLINE   steve_launch

steve_launch

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Back to the actual topic of the thread...  I see NHL Gamecenter is now listed as $149.99 for the season (which includes a $10 discount until 10/31/13).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...