Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 problem TV2 (wife's TV)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   randavis

randavis

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

The TV2 output for coax quit working tonight. It is the wife's TV! She was watching a program and suddenly, the tv displays random snow and a message from the tv saying "weak or no signal". It is not a message from the STB. There is no Dish logo on the screen. I brought the TV to the receiver in the other bedroom and hooked it direct to the STB with coax and still no joy. I connected the TV with component cables and I got a picture and sound. I am guessing that the circuitry to the coax output went bad. This 622 is pretty old IIRC. We both work during the day. She is home about 5:30 pm most days. My job is totally unpredictible. I have no idea from day to day what time we start and how long we will work. For instance, I started work at 4:30 am today and was sent home due to rain at 6:30 am. Tomorrow, I start at 5:30 am and will probably have to work in excess of 12 hours.

randavis

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Did you use the same cable that is normally connected to that TV?  If so, try a different cable.  I just want to rule out the possibility of it being the cable.

If you did use a different cable, then it looks like you need a new receiver.  

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#3 OFFLINE   randavis

randavis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

I did try another coax. I was also thinking it is time for a replacement.

I have accumulated three HD TV's, so I am considering a Hopper / Joey setup, but they won't allow me to keep my 211 receiver with that setup. I have a 1tb hard drive that has about 3 years of recordings which can't be transferred.

#4 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

I did try another coax. I was also thinking it is time for a replacement.
I have accumulated three HD TV's, so I am considering a Hopper / Joey setup, but they won't allow me to keep my 211 receiver with that setup. I have a 1tb hard drive that has about 3 years of recordings which can't be transferred.

You can have a 211 on a Hopper account it must be an owned 211 if you are leasing the one you have now you will need to buy one. As a workaround for the bedroom you can connect a modulator to the composite outputs and connect the modulator to the coax going to that room. The TV will be on CH3 or 4 and can cost less than $10 if you are a good shopper.

spam firewall