Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Recommendations for an excellent A/V program

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,596 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

Wow, 7 minutes is a long time for booting. I am using the free Norton Internet Security from Comcast on both of my computers.

I am running an HP with the I7, 950, 3.07 processor, 8 gb of ram and a 1.5 Terabyte hard drive and Windows 7 for the operating system.

My boot time is about 1 minute. The last 25 seconds of that is the Internet / Network connecting and a couple of Gadgets I have on my screen.

I also have a Lenovo laptop with a Pentium dual core processor at 2.0 speed and 4 gig of ram, a 320 gig hard drive running Windows 7.

The boot time for this one is about 2 minutes. This one requires me to type in a password to continue to the finish of the gadgets and the wireless internet connection.

I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It used to find things that others missed. I run a scan once a month. It has not found anything in the last 2 years since I am running the Norton Internet Security.

Edited by jimmie57, 05 August 2013 - 10:34 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,263 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

MSE working well on three computers here -- Vista, Win7, and Win8. On Win8 it's called Windows Defender.

Bill

Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#23 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

I like AVG Free.

Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...