Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New DISH Anywhere App Version Available

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SDWC

SDWC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Just received a notification on my IPhone that release 4.2.4 of the DISH Anywhere app is available and ready for update.

Enhancements:

- Added functionality for Hopper users to move to an exact spot on Live TV or DVR recordings

- Incorporated Rotten Tomatoes ratings for On Demand & Blockbuster

- Added predictive search feature

- Age filters in Blockbuster Kids movies & TV shows

- DVR filtering by Genre

- Undocumented bug fixes & enhancements

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 563 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Just need an Android update now, quit working with 4.3 update.

• sremick likes this

#3 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

I got the update then upgraded my 2 hoppers to HWS and the app couldn't find them.  Had to reboot my iPhone 5 and then all was good, working spectacularly.  I am surprised how well sling works on my phone with my slow DSL connection at home.  Very pleased.

Edited by david_jr, 01 August 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

does this app let  you see your rental videos (VOD)  on Dish Anywhere?

#5 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Worked fine before android 4.3, but on high quality it's just a black screen with fresh arrow cycling. Standard quality works fine. I have 20-2 fast internet (10-2.3 on my nexus on WiFi). I think the 4.3 Google update messed something up with high resolution. 

Never tried on demand, but the button is there. I barely use it on a big screen. All the dvr stuff works.

Edited by tcatdbs, 05 August 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   azbill

azbill

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

New guy on the block and need some help. It's been a chore just finding a thread discussing the app "Dish Anywhere". I have it on my Galaxy s3, but can not get it for a couple android tabllets I have, a cruz and a kindle fire. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks in advace. AZBill

#7 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Looks like dvr data's not working on Nexus 5. Would fine on my N7.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#8 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

tcatdbs,

Have you tried to log out and then log back into the app on your Nexus 5? How do you have your DISH receiver connected to the internet?  Can you please try unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds to reset it? Thank you!

#9 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

My bad. I had installed from an apk I had backed up from my nexus 7. I uninstalled and used play store version and all is well. The n7 must have been a tablet version. Looks great on the n5 (but a bit small!) Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by tcatdbs, 12 November 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

tcatdbs,

I am glad to hear its working and I wanted to ask you about the video being small, were you able to enlarge it? Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account? I want to submit a detailed ticket for you about this issue.

Thanks

#11 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Small in the fact the screen is only 5"... compared to my 60" plasma.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#12 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,485 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Update: New DISH Anywhere App Features 'Transfers' for Android, iPad and iPhone

* Addition of 'Transfers' functionality to DISH Anywhere speeds access of favorite content on mobile devices
* Watch transferred content even when no Internet connection is available
* Easily watch live TV and DVR recordings from Hopper with Sling on tablets, smartphones, and computers

Responding to growing consumer demand to watch favorite content on mobile devices, DISH is readying an upgrade to its DISH Anywhere TM app that incorporates Transfers functionality to both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Using the new DISH Anywhere app, Hopper TM with Sling® users will soon be able to transfer their favorite shows for offline viewing to iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets. This enhancement will be pushed as an update to the free DISH Anywhere app by the end of the year.

300px-Dish_Network_Satellite_No_22.jpg

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

#13 OFFLINE   azbill

azbill

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Does anyone know if Microsofts surface 2 will be able to run the anywhere app? Thanks for your assist.

#14 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Within the past week or two the Android version of Dish Anywhere has started crashing upon trying to view live or recorded video on my Galaxy S III. The app opens ok, and I can view the guide and my DVR's content, but the moment you try to call up the video the screen rotates to landscape mode, then immediately goes back to the previous page of the app, and a moment later kicks me back to the home screen. No combination of clearing the cache, data, uninstalling/reinstalling has helped so far. Dish Anywhere works fine on my laptop and PC.

At Google Play it shows v.2.0.7 was released back in August, but in the "My Apps" list it now shows up in the Recently Updated section (it showed up there after I started having the issue), but the problem remains, before and after. This used to work so well. What happened?

Unrooted Galaxy S III

Android 4.1.2

Dish Anywhere for Android 2.0.7

'Yes, there's gas in the car.'

#15 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

The most recent Android version I have is 2.0.7    Is there a more recent one?  Can someone please upload it to RapidShare or FileDropper, and post the link?  I can't get it from Google Store because Kindle can't access that site.

Edited by mitchflorida, 01 December 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   broeddog

broeddog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

My current version is 2.0.7 and I've had no issues viewing with my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#17 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

Quite by accident I found my problem. In the GS3's Settings menu under "Developer Options" I found that the "Do not keep activities" box was checked. Don't know how it got set that way, but unchecking it made Dish Anywhere function normally again. Hope this helps someone else.

Btw, the "accident" was installing the UPS tracking app. It wouldn't initially launch and told me that setting was why.

Cheers!

Edited by Nashcat, 04 December 2013 - 05:03 PM.

'Yes, there's gas in the car.'

#18 OFFLINE   Revrick

Revrick

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

any info on the dish transfer app to be added to dish anywhere?

#19 OFFLINE   Revrick

Revrick

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

just read the update to dish anywhere which includes dish transfer has been recalled

spam firewall