Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Playlist Not Showing Up on GenieGO

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Ok, I have tried everything I can think of. I have several HD DVRs. All of the content on these show up in the GenieGo except the content on my HR44-700.

Rebooted the Genie - Check, Rebooted and set the Geniego back to factory - Check, Rebooted the Router - check. Reset up the network on the HR-44 -check, Set the network back to defaults on the HR44- check, started network services on the HR44 check.

There is nothing more that I can think of to do. The DVR shows up in the Geniego configuration as being connected, but none of it's content show up in the playlist.

I am connected to my home network with a wired CCK.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,812 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Just checking, none of the HR44 content is VOD, OTA, PPV, Cinema, or special sports channels?

None of those will appear in GenieGO.

You have some standard SAT channels in the playlist?

And the Playlist is set to share?

Not using the wireless on the HR44?

Go to Info screen in the Menu/Settings area and see how its connected.  Should show nothing for wireless and MOCA coax connection should be connected.

If the above are correct, what are the IP addresses of all your DVR's and the GenieGO hardware?

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Some folks have reported that making sure the HR44 was the primary receiver on your account solved this sort of issues
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

Content on the Genie is normal sat channels. No VOD or OTA. The set up screen shows MOCA coax and no wireless. I don't have all of the IP addresses available to me now, but I can check when I get home. They are all assigned by DHCP and there are no conflicts. MRV works fine with no issues over the entire DECA cloud. The strange thing is that I'm able to see and play the Genie contents using directv to pc app, so there should be no connectivity issues to my home network.

#5 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

Peds48 - you may have something here. The HR44 is not the primary listed receiver on my account.

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,558 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

What device are you using to try to see/play the GenieGo content? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

A PC directly connected to the router by Ethernet.

Edited by twaller, 31 July 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Peds48 - you may have something here. The HR44 is not the primary listed receiver on my account.

Give DirecTV a call and tell then to make the HR44 the primary receiver, let us how it goes
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#9 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

Is the HR44 set to "allow" external device access in its whole-home settings?

#10 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Yes it is.

#11 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well I called and made the HR44 the primary receiver. The content still doesn't show up in the Geniego playlist.........

#12 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Do you have another device that you might be able to connect to GenieGo? iPad, iPhone, Android something? Another computer? That might narrow it down to the PC set up being the problem.... or not. 

#13 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

I have connected with an iPad and Android phone. Same issue, HR44 content not there.

#14 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Good. Er, in that it eliminates one branch of inquiry. 

I would try (again?) going through Network, Advanced Settings, just click through till you get the "Congratulations" notice, and then fire up the client of choice. 

#15 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

I don't know if it was the multiple reboots of the HR44, multiple resets of the Geniego, or the setting of the 44 as primary, as of this morning the situation appears to have corrected itself. The HR44 content now shows up in the playlist of the go. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

#16 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

I don't know if it was the multiple reboots of the HR44, multiple resets of the Geniego, or the setting of the 44 as primary, as of this morning the situation appears to have corrected itself. The HR44 content now shows up in the playlist of the go. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I'll bet you it was setting the HR44 as the primary. many folks have reported this as their fix to this particular issue
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#17 OFFLINE   amt1994

amt1994

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Got my GenieGo HR34 today, set it up, and the content from the HR34 isn't showing up on GenieGO. However, my old HD DVR's stuff is showing up. Just checked and the HR34 is my primary receiver, with the old HD DVR being the secondary.

Edited by amt1994, 03 August 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,812 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

Press and hold the red reset button on the GenieGO box for 30 secs. Wait for a complete reboot with 3 blue lights. And then wait another 2 mins.

Refresh your playlists and see if that helps. You won't erase anything with a 30 sec reset.

#19 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

I installed my GenieGo today. Firmware updated and all three lights are blue. Installed the software on my wife's iPhone and my laptop. Both devices find all 3 of my HD-DVRs (HR34, HR24 and HR22). What is not displayed is anything on any of the playlists. It says there is nothing available. For a brief time some of the shows on the HR34 did show up and played, but then they disappeared. I have all 3 DVRs set to allow external devise and each DVR is set in the software to show. They do show, just no playlist. 

I've set the GenieGo to a reserved IP address and set all the DVRs to DHCP (I did have static addresses assigned to them, but DIRECTV suggested I put them back to DHCP. My DECCA system and the GenieGo are connected to a d-link router which has wireless turned on and DHCP turned off and it connects into a FIOS MI424WR Router that assigns the IP addresses (DHCP turned on) and connects to the internet.

The HR34 is set as the primary receiver.

I'm going to bed and I'll call DIRECTV back tomorrow, but I thought someone here might have an idea what to do.

#20 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:24 AM

I installed my GenieGo today. Firmware updated and all three lights are blue. Installed the software on my wife's iPhone and my laptop. Both devices find all 3 of my HD-DVRs (HR34, HR24 and HR22). What is not displayed is anything on any of the playlists. It says there is nothing available. For a brief time some of the shows on the HR34 did show up and played, but then they disappeared. I have all 3 DVRs set to allow external devise and each DVR is set in the software to show. They do show, just no playlist. 

I've set the GenieGo to a reserved IP address and set all the DVRs to DHCP (I did have static addresses assigned to them, but DIRECTV suggested I put them back to DHCP. My DECCA system and the GenieGo are connected to a d-link router which has wireless turned on and DHCP turned off and it connects into a FIOS MI424WR Router that assigns the IP addresses (DHCP turned on) and connects to the internet.

The HR34 is set as the primary receiver.

I'm going to bed and I'll call DIRECTV back tomorrow, but I thought someone here might have an idea what to do.

Woke up this morning and everything is working fine.

spam firewall