I have a Slingbox AV (red/white/yellow composite and s-video input) that I'm giving a friend who is planning on getting DirecTV. I know how the Slingbox AV acts with my HR24 with regards to:
- The HR24 simultaneously sends output to the HDMI, component, and composite jacks
- When a powered-off HDMI device is attached to the HR24 simultaneously with an analog device, analog outputs are disabled when viewing HDCP-protected content
- With the advent of the HD guide, any on-screen-graphics cause the SD outputs to display "Your cables are not in HD!". I addressed this with a Monoprice 7114 composite-to-component adapter
With a Genie client (which I believe my friend will be using) there is the option to use a component output cable (H2510PIN) (in tandem with the Monoprice 7114 to output composite video) or the composite output cable (10PINCOMPOS) to feed the Slingbox AV. My questions:
- Does attaching either of the analog output cables to a Genie client disable the HDMI port, or does the Genie client simultaneously output on both the HDMI and analog outputs?
- Does the Genie client disable analog outputs when a powered-off HDMI device is attached and HDCP-protected content is viewed?
- Does the Genie client display a warning on the SD output when the video resolution is set to HD?