Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Are distant nets still available from All American Direct?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I am moving soon to Waycross Georgia, the OTA situation there is nonexistent. I remember a long while back that a third party vendor was offering the big 4 networks from Atlanta and San Francisco for dish subs. Are the still around and do they offer HD? Any info on this would be appreciated as I hate the Jacksonville local channels and would love to have a west coast feed. I had to give them up when I moved to South Florida.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

http://www.mydistantnetworks.com/

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#3 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Thanks I will check it out before the move.......

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,525 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

So this is what they mean by "in the middle of nowhere".

119W is a long reach across a lot of crappy weather just to get SD.

dishuser.net DMA information suggests that Jax is an MPEG4 Eastern Arc market (although the SD comes from 110W and 119W).

You may need to haggle to get a WA setup that is necessary to get AAD.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#5 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

I am moving soon to Waycross Georgia, the OTA situation there is nonexistent. I remember a long while back that a third party vendor was offering the big 4 networks from Atlanta and San Francisco for dish subs. Are the still around and do they offer HD? Any info on this would be appreciated as I hate the Jacksonville local channels and would love to have a west coast feed. I had to give them up when I moved to South Florida.....

Why do you need OTA?  Doesn't Dish offer locals for all DMA's now?

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#6 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Not really interested the JAX locals so a 119 110 129 set up wont really affect me from what I can tell. They only have SD distants and thats hood enough for me. The price is a bit steep but thats ok too.

#7 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

What's wrong with JAX locals?  The big-4 nets have all the same programs (except for some sports).  I take it you are an Atlanta sports fan?

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#8 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Just be aware DISH may not be willing to install an ARC that does not have your locals, if you can get the ARC that does. If you find that to happen, they will install a wing dish however to get 119 for AAD which is what I suggest you do in any event. You won't save a penny not getting your locals because DISH charges for locals as part of the package.

Edited by tampa8, 02 August 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

I have hated the JAX locals ever since I first became an E* sub and none of the big four would give me waivers for distant nets as they said All I needed to do was put in a better antenna. So i took advantage of all the "loop holes" available at the time and in the 10 years I lived up there I never once watched any of the JAX locals. Also ABC and NBC are owned by the same company as is FOX and CBS so that basically left only two local newscasts. I hold grudges for a very long time.

I will be doing the install my self so once I am set up I will just let them have my new address. Unless I am mistaken the only channels I will be missing staying on western arc are the JAX LiL's. the only HD I watch is whats available with the AEP. I will take NY And SF SD over the JAX HD locals regardless of the extra cost and the fact that LiL is already factored into the AEP price.

spam firewall