Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blackout-Yankees/Dodgers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   majikmarker

majikmarker

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationArlington, WA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Can anyone answer why the Dodgers/Yankees game is blacked out here in the Seattle area?  

It should be on MLBN (or Padres/Reds) which I have in my package (Premier).  Neither game is on and I get the "not available in your area" screen.  Game is also on YES but that is blacked out as well.  Game is obviously not on any of my local RSN's or channels.

Normally I don't care much about out of market games but I have hopped on the Puig bandwagon and was hoping to see this tonight as it was suppose to be on MLBN. I realize they follow MLB rules but I also know they make mistakes 

DTV customer service was of no use.  When my limited understanding of MLB blackouts was far beyond the customer service rep, I knew I was in trouble.  Whereever I was routed to, they had no concept of baseball, Dodgers or Yankees.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   6tv's

6tv's

Mentor

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Can anyone answer why the Dodgers/Yankees game is blacked out here in the Seattle area?  

It should be on MLBN (or Padres/Reds) which I have in my package (Premier).  Neither game is on and I get the "not available in your area" screen.  Game is also on YES but that is blacked out as well.  Game is obviously not on any of my local RSN's or channels.

Normally I don't care much about out of market games but I have hopped on the Puig bandwagon and was hoping to see this tonight as it was suppose to be on MLBN. I realize they follow MLB rules but I also know they make mistakes 

DTV customer service was of no use.  When my limited understanding of MLB blackouts was far beyond the customer service rep, I knew I was in trouble.  Whereever I was routed to, they had no concept of baseball, Dodgers or Yankees.

Game is on ch 214 MLB alt. in Seattle area.

#3 OFFLINE   majikmarker

majikmarker

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationArlington, WA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Thank you. I had removed 214 from my channel list.

You solved something neither customer service nor the game search "app" could. Thanks again!

#4 OFFLINE   delawaredave

delawaredave

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

Why would the game on 213, SD vs Cin be blacked out in philly area?

#5 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

MLB Network's games are regional, you either get the game on 213 or the game on 214, not both. It isn't like other networks where the alternate game is only for the markets of the local teams playing on the main feed. Unfortunately they don't bother telling anyone in advanced what game they're getting.

Edited by KyL416, 30 July 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Why would the game on 213, SD vs Cin be blacked out in philly area?

MLB network has two game feeds. The 7pm EST game was COL-ATL or SEA-BOS. Since Philly is an NL market and a division rival of the Braves, they showed you COl-ATL instead of SEA-BOS. COL-ATL was paired with NYY-LAD. SEA-BOS was paired with CIN-SD.

So anyone who gos the COL-ATL game would get NYY-LAD. MLBN apparently doesn't have the ability to switch between games with that narrow of a window between the end of the early game and start of the late game.

#7 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,486 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thank you. I had removed 214 from my channel list.

You solved something neither customer service nor the game search "app" could. Thanks again!

Game search doesn't work well with the MLB channel since the listing has both games listed.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

spam firewall