Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Chromecast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnchart

johnchart

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Any one used the new Google Chromecast yet?  If so, how do you like it?  Ordered one on Amazon but they were sold out & said will take 3/4 weeks to deliver.  Hoping it is as good as all the buzz going on.

John

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   D_V_D

D_V_D

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yup I picked one up while on vacation.

Was using a Hotel's internet so I couldn't set it up till I created a hotspot to by-pass the hotel login requirements.

Once I got it working Youtube worked great but Chrome browser had some lag especially when playing flash games from Facebook. I think it would be fine for basic web browsing but nothing more at this time.

I'm hoping HBO Go comes out soon.

So far I have connected Apple phones, Android phones/tablets and Win 7 laptop all without issues.

#3 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

The quick sellout made Apple blink; they dropped the price of refurbed AppleTVs to $75 today. Somehow I don't see that stopping the bleeding. Expect 3 or 4 Chromecast knockoffs in the near future.

What I wish it would do is let me use my HDTV as a second computer screen. Not really a goal, probably.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#4 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

There is already a thread on this so I'm closing this one.

http://www.dbstalk.c...or-televisions/

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...