Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help with Directv CCK PLEASE!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   trudreamer_88

trudreamer_88

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

We got a new verizon wireless DSL/router so I had to go around and reconnect everything with the new information. I have litterally spent the passed 5 hrs trying to find a solution to my problem and can't figure it out. I have seen numerous people having similar/same issues but their solutions are not computing with my fried brain.

When going through the prompts on the DVR/CCK on the tv i can get all the way up to Finding and choosing my network. It flat out refuses to accept my security key, it keeps saying its wrong but it isnt.

The WPA Key: is 16 alpha numerical characters no special character and all caps.

I have seen posts saying you can get to a CCK gui to add the key but the instructions are so unclear and i need them explained as if i were a 5 year old.

Can someone please help????? I really don't want to have to call tech support.

Edited by trudreamer_88, 31 July 2013 - 07:00 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'm sorry that I am away from the PC bit if you go to the directv general forum, go to the thread for first looks and find the wireless cck first look... There are instructions there.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,151 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

I never got mine to take.  I ended up using direct ethernet.  Sorry, that is not helpful.  But true.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,351 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

http://support.direc...ith-the-directv

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   djrobx

djrobx

Godfather

• Registered
  • 502 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Check your WPA mode in your router.    Start with WPA2 Personal, and try other modes (WPA/WPA2 Personal) if that doesn't work. 

Also try testing with a shorter password to see if it's a length problem.   I've seen some cases where devices don't implement the password properly.     

Some people are connecting the WCCK to a PC in order to make it work with longer passwords:

http://www.dbstalk.c...d-wpa-password/

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,908 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

Another solution, preferred if it can be done, is to connect the Genie via ethernet. Or use a wired CCK somewhere else in the line. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall