Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pac 12 Network and Foxsports 1 ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Anyone know if Verizon will have  P12N and Foxsports 1  you expect ?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,380 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Verizon FIOS and uVerse have already struck deals with Fox.

PAC12 is a whole other story. Looking at some larger SoCal markets, PAC12 suggests TWC or DISH so I'm pretty sure they haven't done a deal with Verizon FIOS.

Frontier FIOS has a deal with PAC12.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

harsh I am in Pennsylvania dose  Verizon FIOS  have deals with Fox is it Nationwide Dose  FIOS has a deal with PAC12. ?

#4 ONLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,824 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

harsh I am in Pennsylvania dose  Verizon FIOS  have deals with Fox is it Nationwide Dose  FIOS has a deal with PAC12. ?

According to the following link FiOS is not going to get PAC-12...at least not any time soon.

http://forums.verizo.../475337/page/10

Google is your friend. :grin:

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,380 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Go here and follow the instructions:

http://pac-12.com/switch

It will tell you what your current options are.

Mike's link seems pretty definitive (the last message on the page). It isn't directly from the horse's mouth, but probably as close as it gets.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Fox Sports is available on fios been watching aince launch day ! FS1 HD ch 583 FS2 sd 198 .
No pac 12 but lots of other clannels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#7 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Fox college sports Pacific
ESPN U
Espn Goal Line (but may cost extra)

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#8 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,212 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Fox college sports Pacific
ESPN U
Espn Goal Line (but may cost extra)

ESPN Goal Line only works on Saturdays during the college football season. Last year it was included in the Extreme HD package, but taken away a few months ago. It's now part of a Sports Extra package, which cost $10 more per month. Although i enjoyed Goal LIne last year -- no commercials at all -- I can't quite see spending the extra $10 now. There were many different channels offering college games yesterday on FiOS.

Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

spam firewall