Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How often do Primetime Networks get updated on On Demand?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

I happened to miss and forgot to record wedsnesday's episode of Americas Got Talent (I now have it set to series rec.) and I keep checking NBC Ondemand and they havent updated yet and its now saturday.

I know some cable companies that do next day air and others do 48 hrs later to be aired.

How often and when does D* update programming ondemand, it seems like some show are behind by weeks?

I think what they should do is if they cant do next day air is at least try to get latest episodes updated by Friday evening that way people that work can catch up on the weekend.

I know the Genie has 5 tuners but sometimes people forget to set recordings or there are extremely large households were recording conflicts could abound.Thats were ondemand could come in handy.

Also D* please add Fox OnDemand soon before the start of the fall season.
Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

You should consider Hulu+ since they have a lot of big 4 network shows.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

You should consider Hulu+ since they have a lot of big 4 network shows.

Adding another $8 to my bill is not an option.

However they are offering a 2week free trial.

Are they next day air?

D* ondemand programmers just need a budge or a good push to keep things updated.

Is there someone I can e-mail at D* that deal with ondemand programming?
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

On Demand content is almost exclusively controlled by the network that airs it...You may very well find that no provider's ondemand offerings has it yet. 

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,528 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

I know it can be frustrating.  I have a series link to ABC's "Motive" set on only one DVR.  I forgot to back it up on a second DVR and sure enough, when I went to watch it, the last 2 weeks had crapped out.  I went to ABC OnDemand and they only had the first couple of episodes available.  I now have it backed up by being on 2 receivers, but I sitll have not found those 2 episodes.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 ONLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

I know it can be frustrating.  I have a series link to ABC's "Motive" set on only one DVR.  I forgot to back it up on a second DVR and sure enough, when I went to watch it, the last 2 weeks had crapped out.  I went to ABC OnDemand and they only had the first couple of episodes available.  I now have it backed up by being on 2 receivers, but I sitll have not found those 2 episodes.

They're available on the Watch ABC app if you have an ipad.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#7 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,528 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

I have a tablet, but not an Ipad. I tend not to stream anything or download much TV/movies as our internet is awful. It can take 2 hours to watch a 30 minute show.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

You can also watch online at nbc.com.

DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#9 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

let me ask you a Question on "Motive" is the run date correct? where you are at?

#10 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,528 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

let me ask you a Question on "Motive" is the run date correct? where you are at?

I don't think it is. I think the dates show last winter.

My Setup

#11 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Great topic btw to OP.

This exact issue really ticks me off. Especially the Big 3 networks via on demand. I feel other providers keep these up to date and Directv does not. On demand via Directv really is not worth it whatsoever and why I connected my receivers to the internet again I have no idea. I was able to get an episode of Camp from NBC that I missed...wow. These channels need to be more complete and not just you get what we give you bs.

• JohnBoy likes this

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Ultimate Package, NFL ST, Distant Networks ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

#12 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

I don't think it is. I think the dates show last winter.

thanks , just curious

#13 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Great topic btw to OP.

This exact issue really ticks me off. Especially the Big 3 networks via on demand. I feel other providers keep these up to date and Directv does not. On demand via Directv really is not worth it whatsoever and why I connected my receivers to the internet again I have no idea. I was able to get an episode of Camp from NBC that I missed...wow. These channels need to be more complete and not just you get what we give you bs.

If Directv were to work with the Network program providers (if thats the case) and give us Next Day Air OnDemand or 48 hr delay and give us HD content as well, then we would not need a Primetime Anytime feature like Dish,as Ondemand would quench that thirst.

Assuming that Fox OnDemand would be included.

Directv has to be negotiating with Fox about the new Fox Sports 1 channel,so thats there chance on getting Fox OnDemand thrown in the deal.
  • Arclight likes this
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#14 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,193 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Networks probably don't like on demand so fast and in Hi Definition rich after it airs because it cuts down on commercial revenue more than if you just record it.

#15 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

Networks probably don't like on demand so fast and in Hi Definition rich after it airs because it cuts down on commercial revenue more than if you just record it.

Many of the Next day air ondemand from other companies like BrightHouse,they disable the FF button and your forced to sit through the ads to keep everyone happy.

Only after a few days, thats when the programming gets edited and the commercials get trimmed,also they enable the FF button again and instead of a program being a full hour you would see it at 41-47min give or take.

I would take this method just as long as everything continues to be fluid and updated regularly.

Its now Monday and still Ondemand Primetime has still not been updated.
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

Protected By... spam firewall...And...