Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MediaShare issue with HR44...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Recently I moved my HR21 into the same cabinet as my HR44. It has allowed me to compare the 2 devices. Hands down the 44 is SO much faster at everything. With the speed and storage size of the 44, and the flexibility of 5 tuners, it truly is superior. However a couple of things are deficient to the 21. First, the 44 will not allow Pandora to play while watching any channel, the 21 does. Small irritation, coping with it. 2nd, the 21 plays music( in this case Playlists) from my computer perfectly. The 44 accesses the music files but the playback is at such a "slow" speed that the music is not listenable. Why would these 2 devices be different in their playback speeds? Any thoughts.....

The 44 is "Hard Wired" to my router, and the 21 is "Whole Homed" to the 44 with SWM...

Edited by bnwrx, 05 August 2013 - 05:45 PM.

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

IMO, I think the DIRECTV has "given up" on media share. I don't think they have put as much time and effort into that part of the HR44's code as they have with the HR21.

Most people have some other way to stream music now so there's not much of an incentive for DIRECTV to keep developing it.

Heck, who knows, they might have something different coming down the pipe that will be better. :shrug:

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,264 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

With regard to the Pandora issue, that is how the Genie's work, unfortunately. Most people would like it to work as it does with the HR2x's, but it does not seem that DirecTV is going to fix that "bug" with the Genie.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   metclub420

metclub420

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Location61115

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Ya Media Share Is A Joke On The HR 44-700.  Most Files Do Not Work For Me.  I Use Serviio.

#5 ONLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

That is why I use my Sony bluray player for mediashare, Plus it has better quality than what I see on the receivers HR44,24. Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Edited by acostapimps, 05 August 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#6 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

Thanks for the responses and opinions. I fully understand MediaShare is not a priority with DTV, but still wondering why playback is fine on one and not the other. I should have said SOME (maybe 10-20%) of the music files seem to play on the 44, the rest are in SUPER slow-mode(actually sounds funny!)......That is what I don't get. All music files seem to playback fine on the 21.......What would be different in how they see the same files?

#7 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

The difference is in the firmware code. You should file an issue in the current Genie discussion/issues thread: http://www.dbstalk.c...suesdiscussion/

Maybe they'll correct it.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#8 OFFLINE   D_Art

D_Art

• Registered
  • 9 posts
  • LocationN. Calif.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

After testing a bit audio works on video and audio on both HR34 and H23. But Video only works on H23. Video that is capable of playing will play for maybe 10 seconds - then stop. Play bar shows it is still active but it no longer renders. This exact same behaviour occurs with at least 2 different media servers. I suspect they broke or never properly enabled this feature on this unit.

Edited by D_Art, 06 August 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Digressing from topic.....I installed "Serviio", it sees the 2 HR's, however the HR's do not see Serviio. I did a reset on both, still nothing. Any thing else I need to do?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...