Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper2 - S316 Software Experiences/Bugs

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I encountered my first hiccup using the HDMI switch last night when trying to view a movie recorded on the free weekend Starz preview, when I selected "start over" a warning screen came up advising me that the connection I was using did not support HDCP and I must connect in a different way to continue. Tried several times, but a no go. So I had to pull my HDMI from the switch and connect the TV direct to the Hopper and the optical cable from the switch and into the Hopper and then it worked fine throughout. The audio dropout issue surfaced again immediately when fast forwarding to the beginning of the movie, but once audio was playing it stayed locked the rest of the movie since there are no commercials.

Could this be your HDMI cable. Could be a problem with the cable. Just guessing.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I still have my icons as they were before the update on the recorded shows. For example Leave It To Beaver still has the icon showing the whole Cleaver family.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#28 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

Deleted.

Attached Thumbnails

• ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1412123150.141751.jpg

Edited by SeaBeagle, 30 September 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:03 AM

So what changes are there with the new update S316?

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile app

Edited by SeaBeagle, 28 April 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#30 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,386 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:58 AM

Pretty obvious, the company will not inform customers about new FW changes. Basta!
All tidbits will be discovered by users, if it will happen.

#31 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

That is weird. Apple has mucho information when there is any sort of update.

#32 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,386 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:57 PM

The company is full of secrecy and sh@#$%&!

#33 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,898 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:07 AM

The version number has changed. That is one update. :)

If you pay attention on the first boot after an update there is a splash screen that tells you major changes. Unfortunately it only shows once and is easily forgotten.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#34 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:41 AM

The version number has changed. That is one update. :)

If you pay attention on the first boot after an update there is a splash screen that tells you major changes. Unfortunately it only shows once and is easily forgotten.

That is a great reply. You are so correct.

Edited by SeaBeagle, 23 February 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#35 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:06 AM

Funny we don't even sticky the update threads anymore.  This one is almost 2 years old.

#36 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

I encountered my first hiccup using the HDMI switch last night when trying to view a movie recorded on the free weekend Starz preview, when I selected "start over" a warning screen came up advising me that the connection I was using did not support HDCP and I must connect in a different way to continue. Tried several times, but a no go. So I had to pull my HDMI from the switch and connect the TV direct to the Hopper and the optical cable from the switch and into the Hopper and then it worked fine throughout. The audio dropout issue surfaced again immediately when fast forwarding to the beginning of the movie, but once audio was playing it stayed locked the rest of the movie since there are no commercials.

Could be when the software us updated this will go away. Never heard of HDCP.

I do not know of any switch on my hopper for HDMI.

I am still on the older software.

Since this is only one one channel I an guessing there is something wrong with the channel.

I get the same screen when I look at SYFY channel. ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1429994695.418947.jpg

Edited by SeaBeagle, 25 April 2015 - 02:50 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,898 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

Since this is only one one channel I an guessing there is something wrong with the channel.

DRM can be set per program ... perhaps even other programs on that channel will be visible. But if content is protected then it will not be available without HDCP copy protection on your HDMI connection.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#38 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

My problem was that I was using an external HDMI switch because the AVR in my bedroom does not have HDMI and my bedroom TV has only 2 HDMI inputs.  But I have 4 HDMI sources so I got the switch.  It worked fine until DISH updated their software back before I posted that in September 2013.  I was only affected by DISH Network; my Blu Ray player worked fine.  My solution was to run HDMI direct to the TV for DISH and run my other sources into the switch and then out to my 2nd HDMI input.  The switch is not in the Hopper, it is external.  What kind of connection are you trying to use?

#39 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:10 PM

I punched HDCP cables yesterday that should solve the problem.

#40 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,386 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

I punched HDCP cables yesterday that should solve the problem.

HDCP cables ?! Really ?!

It's software feature !

#41 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:29 PM

Could be but I have not the new update yet.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...