Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper2 - S316 Software Experiences/Bugs

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

All the recorded shows icons work here as well and I have the latest update. I have had my hopper for about a month now and no problems.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Krish

Krish

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

@some guy....you were right, icon (art) started showing up, thx for your input....but I still have one problem which I didnt encounter earlier, from HD normal to SD stretch mode it use to be real quick you may not notice the difference when you press swap button from HD channel to SD channel, now I see a little delay I see gray/black bar on both sides right/left ....after little delay it goes to stretch mode...not sure why...but dish technician coming to trouble shoot...lets see there may be some settings...

#23 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

@some guy....you were right, icon (art) started showing up, thx for your input....but I still have one problem which I didnt encounter earlier, from HD normal to SD stretch mode it use to be real quick you may not notice the difference when you press swap button from HD channel to SD channel, now I see a little delay I see gray/black bar on both sides right/left ....after little delay it goes to stretch mode...not sure why...but dish technician coming to trouble shoot...lets see there may be some settings...

When I change channels between The Weather Channel HD and CSPAN2 the format of the DVRs screen automatically changes from NORMAL on The Weather Channel to STRETCH on CSPAN2.

#24 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Just a WAG, but that is probably being done by your TV, not the receiver.

My Sanyo HDTV has 7 pixel shape settings and one of them does HD normally but stretches SD to fill the entire 16X9 screen.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#25 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Is your switch the HDX-401TA? 

I use the HDX-401TA because my AV receiver does not have HDMI switching, and I also use the optical output for the AVR. At night when we shut down the system, I "turn off" the AVR, then the TV, then the HWS (all via the HWS remote). Then I "turn off" the HDMI switch via its remote. In the morning, I reverse that process to start the system, and it seems to always work OK.

If ever I forget to "turn off" the switch at night, however, then in the morning when I start up the other components I cannot see the HWS screen on the TV. The display is dark, and no amount of switching inputs or turning the switch on/off via remote will ever restore the image. Turning the TV or HWS on/off using their remotes does not make any difference either. The only thing that corrects this condition is to power cycle the switch.

Have you ever experienced this with your HDMI switch? Is it ever necessary for you to actually remove and restore power (via the DC cord) to get the display to appear?

I encountered my first hiccup using the HDMI switch last night when trying to view a movie recorded on the free weekend Starz preview, when I selected "start over" a warning screen came up advising me that the connection I was using did not support HDCP and I must connect in a different way to continue.  Tried several times, but a no go.  So I had to pull my HDMI from the switch and connect the TV direct to the Hopper and the optical cable from the switch and into the Hopper and then it worked fine throughout.  The audio dropout issue surfaced again immediately when fast forwarding to the beginning of the movie, but once audio was playing it stayed locked the rest of the movie since there are no commercials.

#26 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I encountered my first hiccup using the HDMI switch last night when trying to view a movie recorded on the free weekend Starz preview, when I selected "start over" a warning screen came up advising me that the connection I was using did not support HDCP and I must connect in a different way to continue. Tried several times, but a no go. So I had to pull my HDMI from the switch and connect the TV direct to the Hopper and the optical cable from the switch and into the Hopper and then it worked fine throughout. The audio dropout issue surfaced again immediately when fast forwarding to the beginning of the movie, but once audio was playing it stayed locked the rest of the movie since there are no commercials.

Could this be your HDMI cable. Could be a problem with the cable. Just guessing.

#27 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I still have my icons as they were before the update on the recorded shows. For example Leave It To Beaver still has the icon showing the whole Cleaver family.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#28 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

Deleted.

Attached Thumbnails

• ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1412123150.141751.jpg

Edited by SeaBeagle, 30 September 2014 - 06:57 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...