Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR44 issues with iPad app and geniego

Best Answer The Merg , 07 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Oh I unplugged will hold red button down and report back.

Don't unplug it. Just press and hold the red reset button for 30 seconds.

- Merg

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

Ok folks here is my setup a new install as of yesterday.

One HR21 in guest bedroom on one side of Swim16

One HR24 and HR44 on other side of swim 16

Geniego wired to router

Genie wireless client in patio room

All DVRs see playlists of all other just fine

HR21 and HR24 have static IP HR44 uses DHCP

HR21 and hr24 on deca

HR44 is wireless connected to router cant seem to get it to accept ethernet connection and dont see how to force this

The iPad app sees the HR21 and HR24 just fine

Geniego app ONLY sees the HR21 not the HR24 or the HR44

Can the HR44 have a static IP address installer said it could not

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   GAM

GAM

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

I have an HR34 but I'm pretty sure it is the same and you are able to assign a static IP through Advanced Setup under Network Setup in the menu.

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

The HR44 can have a static IP address if you want. Just go to Network Setup -- Advanced and enter in the IP address.

What do you mean that the HR44 won't accept Ethernet? You should be able to plug an Ethernet cable directly into the HR44. Just make sure the wireless is turned off on the HR44 then. Also, make sure that you are also not using a Cinema Connection Kit.

As for your DAFI issues, try a menu reset of each of your receivers.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

How does one turn off wireless in the HR44???

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,175 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

It's been some time since I did so, but IIRC it was automatic. It seems it isn't for you, so I'd go through Network settings, and at that time you'd set a static IP for the '44. That alone might do it. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

actually since I have the wireless video brodge, wireless c41 client I am told that if I do not have the HR44 wireless networked I may see issues in the entire setup.   So right now stayong with wireless on the HR44 since the genie go doesnt even see it and the iPad app doesnt see it either.    I think there are likely two issues one account issues thats why the DAFI app is having problems and possibly genie go needing time to really figure itself out.

#7 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

actually since I have the wireless video brodge, wireless c41 client I am told that if I do not have the HR44 wireless networked I may see issues in the entire setup.   So right now stayong with wireless on the HR44 since the genie go doesnt even see it and the iPad app doesnt see it either.    I think there are likely two issues one account issues thats why the DAFI app is having problems and possibly genie go needing time to really figure itself out.

The WVB and the HR44 wireless ability are two completely different things. The WVB is a way for the C41W to connect wirelessly back to the coax network as the WVB is connected to the coax network. The HR44 wireless ability is how the HR44 is able to connect back to your router. You should be able to network the HR44 via the Ethernet cable and have the WVB (and C41W) work without issue.

- Merg

#8 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

The WVB and the HR44 wireless ability are two completely different things. The WVB is a way for the C41W to connect wirelessly back to the coax network as the WVB is connected to the coax network. The HR44 wireless ability is how the HR44 is able to connect back to your router. You should be able to network the HR44 via the Ethernet cable and have the WVB (and C41W) work without issue.

- Merg

Merg this is what I figured but the installer as adament about me not hooking the HR44 up via ethernet plus its not clear I can disable the HR44 from doing a wireless connection unless I do a full reset or soething.   I figured the WVB is doing two things bridging the deca network to internet and supporting the C41W or is the HR44 providing the DECA to internet bridging?

#9 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Merg this is what I figured but the installer as adament about me not hooking the HR44 up via ethernet plus its not clear I can disable the HR44 from doing a wireless connection unless I do a full reset or soething.   I figured the WVB is doing two things bridging the deca network to internet and supporting the C41W or is the HR44 providing the DECA to internet bridging?

The HR44 is bridging the coax network to your network. The WVB is just to connecting the wireless clients. After you plug in the Ethernet cable, you can perform a menu reset (or I believe just re-run the Network Setup) and that should pick up the wired connection and turn off the wireless.

- Merg

#10 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Also, double check on the HR44 under Settings/Whole Home that External Devices is allowed.

- Merg

#11 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,175 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Just to put your mind at ease: some installers were bitten by hooking an ethernet line to an HR24, which  brought down the system. The '44 is fine to go direct, and wired is always better than wireless where feasible. You still cannot have two internet bridges (connections)  to one system, though, so if a CCK is present, it needs to be de-commisioned before the HR44 can take an ethernet wire. 

• The Merg likes this
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#12 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Ok connected the HR44 to ethernet I run advanced setup with fixed IP address.  Router shows that the HR44 is on port 4 of the router and plugged in but the setup on HR44 says wireless connection to the network.    However router shows no IP address for the ethernet on HR44 and shows a wireless ip address that looks like DHCP range not fixed IP address I assigned

#13 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,572 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ok connected the HR44 to ethernet I run advanced setup with fixed IP address.  Router shows that the HR44 is on port 4 of the router and plugged in but the setup on HR44 says wireless connection to the network.    However router shows no IP address for the ethernet on HR44 and shows a wireless ip address that looks like DHCP range not fixed IP address I assigned

Do a "settings", "network", "reset defaults". That should get the HR44 to "forget" the wireless connection and use the Cat 5 connection.

Not all routers report static IP addresses, BTW. Best way to confirm which IP address your device is using is either under "Setup", "Info and test", or "setup", "network", "advanced". The first way is quicker.

/steve

#14 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

I've 'attended' 3 recent installations for friends and family and the installers insisted on using Wi-Fi instead of connecting the 44 or installing a CCK.

In all three cases a network jumper would have been the easiest.  (which I later installed)

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#15 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,657 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

I've 'attended' 3 recent installations for friends and family and the installers insisted on using Wi-Fi instead of connecting the 44 or installing a CCK.

In all three cases a network jumper would have been the easiest. (which I later installed)

Because that is DirecTV policy when installing HR44s. WiFi comes first. although I disagree
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#16 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

setup HR44 wired to router/    The HR44 still doesnt show up on geniego nor on directv app for ipad.   Also the HR21 playlist is ONLY one shown on the genieo go doesnt seem to see playlist of the HR24 however does see it in the menu.

#17 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,572 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

setup HR44 wired to router/    The HR44 still doesnt show up on geniego nor on directv app for ipad.   Also the HR21 playlist is ONLY one shown on the genieo go doesnt seem to see playlist of the HR24 however does see it in the menu.

Assume you saw Merg's post above and already checked this, but just in case... did you go to "settings", "whole home", "external devices" and make sure everything is "allowed"?

/steve

#18 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

Yes all DVRs have allow on everything for all external devices.    I am guessing the Genie is somehow not on my account correctly since its not in either app.   The HR24 playlist not on genie go is puzzling

#19 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,572 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

The HR24 playlist not on genie go is puzzling

In the past, I know a 30-second reset of the GenieGo often restored a missing playlist. IIRC, it used to take a minute or two after the reset for the playlist to populate the client.

/steve

#20 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Yes all DVRs have allow on everything for all external devices.    I am guessing the Genie is somehow not on my account correctly since its not in either app.   The HR24 playlist not on genie go is puzzling

In the past, I know a 30-second reset of the GenieGo often restored a missing playlist. IIRC, it used to take a minute or two after the reset for the playlist to populate the client.

Yup. That usually does the trick. 

It seems that there are one or two other people with this same issue. I believe they were going to see if DirecTV could remove and then re-add the Genie to their account. That might be something worth a try.

- Merg

Protected By... spam firewall...And...