Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Deactivated Receivers Listed in Apps - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,672 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

DirecTV has implemented some changes by the whole issue is not resolve yet
  • dels28 likes this
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

DirecTV has implemented some changes by the whole issue is not resolve yet

Today on the iPad app I am seeing all DVR's   reset of geniego also shows all however wait and see if later today everything is still listed

#43 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Still a no-go for me. While all my DVRs and STBs are showing up as connected to the internet on the Directv.com equipment page and I am finally able to log into the iPhone and iPad apps, I still receive a message on the apps of "Receiver Error. Your account receiver list could not be downloaded." So the apps remain utterly useless.

#44 OFFLINE   bfrost

bfrost

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

Still no love for me either. IPad app lists no connected receivers even though my Genie now shows as Internet Connected on their site and is able to do VoD.

#45 OFFLINE   sobiloff

sobiloff

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Well, mine's working this morning! Both the DIRECTV iPad app and the GenieGO iPhone apps see my devices. My Equipment page now shows that my Genie's connected to the Internet.

#46 OFFLINE   bver

bver

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'm halfway there...two of my receivers are appearing in iOS with the correct location names.  Still no HR44 though.  

#47 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

Day three, iPad, Android are connected. D* still indicates internet no but I can schedule recording from the website so I'm happy. 3 days seems to be the lucky number.

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#48 OFFLINE   KOTULCN

KOTULCN

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

My Genie (HR44) was added on Sunday and my HR22 was removed. Still not HR44 and HR22 is still showing although not available for recording!

#49 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Still no love here. I can log into the app(s), but cannot see any of my receivers and cannot watch any programming. Also cannot log into HBO Go and cannot schedule anything from the Directv website. They gave me a $10 credit for my troubles at least, but I'd rather have these things working like they're supposed to work, it's been six full days now. (Although I didn't appreciate them telling me they'd give me a $10 credit, despite the fact that these are free services provided by Directv. I didn't want to get into a back-and-forth with the representative, but that's a bit disingenuous I think.)

Edited by sangs, 10 August 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#50 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Still to seeing hr24 have opened a separate thread in connected home forum on this

#51 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Still to seeing hr24 have opened a separate thread in connected home forum on this

Keep it in this thread as it's all related.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#52 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

Ok to keep it all in this thread a 30 second reset of geniego does provide me the HR24-500 playlist however after 3 minutes it disappears and just shows the HR21 and the HR44.  If I attempt to play something from the HR24 when it is in the playlist the app says preparing video quality or something like that and just freezes there.   Returning to app and HR24 gone.  Same behaviour on iPad, iPhone and windows xp laptop.

#53 OFFLINE   ssabripo

ssabripo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Nothing yet on my end :(

Still showing the old hr24 and will not pick up the hr44 on my iPad n iPhone

#54 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,619 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

I don't know about the GenieGo but in the IOS Ipad app if the HR44 doesn't show then receiver is turned off, and would appear if you turn it back on, but every other receiver if any should work regardless if its on or off.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#55 OFFLINE   dels28

dels28

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

I also don't have the HR44 showing up on the ipad application and the DVrs removed last week are still showing up.
HR 44-700
HR 24-500
HR 22-100
C41-700
C41-100
Netgear Ready Nas Duo 2TB

#56 OFFLINE   KOTULCN

KOTULCN

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

My old receiver that is no longer connected is still showing up, still no HR44.
ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1376237522.918530.jpg

#57 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

The iPhone app has been showing playlist stuff so yesterday I was on a Wifi network outside home and connected to geniego, took forever, and than told me no recordings.   I hope they get these issues resolved so I am not finding geniego to function enough to rely on and was hoping to get rid of the slingboxes

#58 OFFLINE   ssabripo

ssabripo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

C'MON DIRECTV.... GET IT TOGETHER!!!! 

This is really frustrating! I can't record when I'm not home because the stupid iPhone app won't show my HR44!!   :bang  :blackeye:

#59 OFFLINE   abrender

abrender

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCollege Station

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

It has been since last Wed and my HR44 still shows as not being connected to the internet on DTV site.  However, like many of you, it is and I have access to VOD/Apps.  On another positive note, as of Sunday, my iPad app started to show the new receiver and I am able to see playlists.  My GenieGo was still not behaving but at the time I just assumed it was because of the reported status on the DTV website.  Initially I was trying to activate it using the Mac software for it but it could never find it or it continued to say I was missing requirements though that was not the case.  I became bored and on my virtual Windows 7 machine loaded on my Mac I installed the Windows version of the software.  The Windows version could not find it either but presented an option that the Mac version did not.  It allowed me to type in the serial number and that did the trick.  Once the GenieGo was activated, the Mac version of the software mysteriously began working without issue.  So I guess woe to the person who does not have Windows.  I loaded the iphone version of the GenieGo app on my iPad (because they don't seem to have one for iPad native) and attempted my Android but because my device is rooted it won't run.  Retarded at many levels there.  

My HR44 had a software update this morning.  I checked online a few hours later but still the status shows Internet Connected: No.  Perhaps this update will change some things for folks? 

#60 OFFLINE   cfjones3

cfjones3

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

C'MON DIRECTV.... GET IT TOGETHER!!!!

This is really frustrating! I can't record when I'm not home because the stupid iPhone app won't show my HR44!! :bang :blackeye:

I agree with ssabripo, EXPONENTIALLY! This is VERY, VERY FRUSTRATING!!! It defeats my whole purpose for subscribing to DirecTV. I schedule MOST of my DVR recordings while I am away from home. THIS ISNT WORKING, DirecTV!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...