Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hr-44 Availability

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   linuspbmo

linuspbmo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Is there a list of the areas where HR-44's are available from Directv?  I'm looking to upgrade to a Genie but I will wait for an HR-44 if necessary. I thought I saw a thread on this but I can't find it.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ment-locations/

http://www.dbstalk.c...4-delayedagain/

\

There are probably some other threads too.   

#3 OFFLINE   kaminar

kaminar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

There should be some major announcement here when it goes nationwide.

-=K=-

#4 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

Is there a list of the areas where HR-44's are available from Directv?  I'm looking to upgrade to a Genie but I will wait for an HR-44 if necessary. I thought I saw a thread on this but I can't find it.

My installer told me on July 8, the Southern US has been getting them. I was surprised when he brought me a 44. Been working great since then.

#5 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,705 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

-=K=-

I don't think there is such an event. Since DirecTV considers the HR34 and HR44 functionally equivalent, they are just moving out based on the supply line.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#6 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

-=K=-

I am not sure exactly what you mean, but I can't imagine that DTV would make any sort of announcement saying:  "We have finally run out of those crappy HR34's, so we will now only be installing the superior HR44's."    I pity the CSR's the day after that is said.     

On the other hand, if you are talking about an announcement on this website "when it goes nationwide", I think it already has gone nationwide, except for certain pockets where they still have inventory of the HR34's, (look at the map accompanying the survey and you will see installations from New England to South Florida to Southern California to Seattle and across back to Boston) so I doubt that any announcement will be made.   Just no one will be posting that they were disappointed to get a 34 when they were expecting a 44.   That is more of a non announcement.

#7 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

In north Mississippi and surrounding area. The installer that come to my house a couple months ago told me that the 44 is all he has been installing for some time now.
B00BOO

#8 OFFLINE   GLJones

GLJones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

Just got a HR44 last week in Orlando, FL.

#9 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

So this is now the 3rd or 4th different thread telling where an HR44 was installed?   OK, I understand.

#10 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,373 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

So this is now the 3rd or 4th different thread telling where an HR44 was installed? OK, I understand.

you just to make sure... ;)
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#11 OFFLINE   linuspbmo

linuspbmo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

So this is now the 3rd or 4th different thread telling where an HR44 was installed?   OK, I understand.

What exactly do you understand?  I asked if there was a list of areas where HR-44's were available and so far I have only seen a survey and a few threads with people saying I got one. Since you understand perhaps you could direct me to an official list of the areas and dates available. Apparently there is none that I have found but thanks to the people that tried to help.

#12 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

What exactly do you understand?  I asked if there was a list of areas where HR-44's were available and so far I have only seen a survey and a few threads with people saying I got one. Since you understand perhaps you could direct me to an official list of the areas and dates available. Apparently there is none that I have found but thanks to the people that tried to help.

As far as I know, there is no "official list of the areas and dates available".    I posted two threads that have multiple listings of people who have received HR44's and people who have not.   In one of those threads (in the first post) there is a link to an actual map that has little dots that signify locations where 44's have been delivered.    Let me type real slowly...there is no list...some people get it and some people are still getting the 34...it seems to be that in individual locations or areas they will continue to install 34's until the present inventory is gone.    Which areas?    Look at the map, read the posts.   Sorry if that isn't the help you expected to get.   Maybe someone else will feel more helpful.   I am done. 

#13 OFFLINE   linuspbmo

linuspbmo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

As far as I know, there is no "official list of the areas and dates available".    I posted two threads that have multiple listings of people who have received HR44's and people who have not.   In one of those threads (in the first post) there is a link to an actual map that has little dots that signify locations where 44's have been delivered.    Let me type real slowly...there is no list...some people get it and some people are still getting the 34...it seems to be that in individual locations or areas they will continue to install 34's until the present inventory is gone.    Which areas?    Look at the map, read the posts.   Sorry if that isn't the help you expected to get.   Maybe someone else will feel more helpful.   I am done. 

Thank you for typing slowly, it helps me to read condescending posts.

#14 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

No, you're right, there's no official list. There is one long thread where people have stated they got the '44s and some say they were told that's all that region had. 

Edit: Sorry- the two previous posts were overlooked by me when I wrote the above. 

Edited by Laxguy, 08 August 2013 - 01:26 PM.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#15 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

less of being bullies around here would be nice. you know who you are.

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Ultimate Package, NFL ST, Distant Networks ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

Protected By... spam firewall...And...