Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iPad and iPhone app cannot find HR44 receiver and displays wrong location names

iPad iPhone app receiver name location name Geinie HR44 wrong name

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bver

bver

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Thanks in advanced for any help resolving my issue. 

On 8/4/13 I upgraded my DirecTV Equipment.  I had an HR44 Geine installed.  During the installation process, I did the following:

1. Installed HR44 Geine in my Family Room.  I named the receiver location both online at directv.com and on the receiver “Family Rm”.  
  2. Moved the HR24 from my Living Room to my Game room.  I renamed the receiver location (both online at directv.com and on the receiver itself) from Living Rm to Game Room.
  3. Moved the H25 from my Bedroom to my Spare room.  I renamed the receiver location (both online at directv.com and on the receiver itself) from Bedroom to Spare.

All three receivers are a connected to the Internet through Coax.  I use a Broadband DECA connected between my SWM splitter and my Apple Airport Extreme router (please see attached wiring diagram).  I can download YouTube videos, OnDemand content, and launch web apps on all three receivers.

Additionally, when I login to directv.com, and look at My Equipment, all three receivers appear as connected to Internet, and they display the correct location names, too (please see attached directv.com screenshot). 

However, when I try to access my receivers either through the DirecTV iPad app or iPhone app, the HR44 does not appear at all, the HR24 appears with the old location name (Living Rm) and the H25 also appears as with the old location name (Bedroom).  I have attached screenshots of both my iPad an iPhone apps. (Please note: that I took these screenshots outside my LAN.  However when I am on my LAN they appear just as they do in the screenshot, only connected).  Also, I can still control the HR24 and H25 receivers from the iPad despite the incorrect location names.  The HR44 Genie does not appear at all. Until the equipment upgrade, everything worked correctly.

I have contacted DirecTV Tech support three nights in a row without any resolution. 

This is a list of troubleshooting steps I have taken:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the iOS apps on both iPad and iPhone.
  2. Changed my receiver’s LAN IP addresses.
  3. Reset all the receivers.
  4. Had DTV de-activate and re-activate all three receivers (1 at a time).
  5. Power-cycled everything (including the DECA)
  6. Restored Network defaults and then re-connected all the receivers to the Internet.
  7. Restored “all-defaults” on the receivers and reconnected them.
  8. Confirmed that all receivers are set to allow under External Devices.

None of these steps fix the issue.  Does anyone here have any suggestions that I haven’t already tried?  Thanks again for any help.

Attached Thumbnails

• DirecTV Wiring Diagram.jpg
  • DirecTV.com page.jpg
  • iPad screenshot.PNG
  • iPhone screenshot.PNG

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

sounds alot like issues I am having.   I have old names, deauthorized receivers, HR44 MISSING and GebieGo only showing HR21 receiver ( only receiver not moved ) playlist.

#3 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,268 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Guys, check out this thread: http://www.dbstalk.c...suesdiscussion/

Merg is trying to get all these issues in one place.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Guys, check out this thread: http://www.dbstalk.c...suesdiscussion/

Merg is trying to get all these issues in one place.

Thanks.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iPad, iPhone, app, receiver name, location name, Geinie, HR44, wrong name

spam firewall