Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22 0x0736 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   phodg

phodg

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

RBRing twice won't do it (Flush guide) unless you wait long enough for it to start up from the first reboot. 

Yeah, I waited. I'll try unplugging it for a while.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,030 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Unplug the power on your swim for this too. Then plug it in first and wait ten minutes till you plug in the receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#63 OFFLINE   phodg

phodg

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Unplug the power on your swim for this too. Then plug it in first and wait ten minutes till you plug in the receivers.

Don't have a SWIM. Just the older elliptical dish and an unpowered multiswitch.

#64 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 698 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

I got x0736 early yesterday morning, apps worked okay for a day, but tonight the cut out screen appears on the right, but will not fill in the apps. I power HR24-100 on and off, but does not clear the app blank cut out. I press LIST and MENU and GUIDE buttons, and those graphics overlay the blank app cut out. Arrow, page up/down and select buttons are unresponsive and do not allow me to do anything. I powered off for over an hour, then powered on. Blank app cut out screen still appears when I turn on, but buttons listed above are still unresponsive. I am sure it may help if I do a RBR, but how often will I have to do that with this release? I am also having issues on my latest HR34 software download. This to me is all a little comical. I remember all the negative comments TiVo was receiving for the last 2+ years for not perfecting their software on DirecTV's HR22-100 platform. Funny...... Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#65 OFFLINE   EV2

EV2

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

After the update, one of my three HR22 receivers had one guide filled in and the other two were empty. After double restarts, one additional HR22 guide started working. The last HR22 receives the base guide after the restart every time, but after about 20 minutes it is all lost again. I forced another firmware download and a couple of back to back restarts and no change. Settings are correct on a non-SWM slimline 5, and all channels receive fine. I assume I should try the unplug overnight next?

#66 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,303 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

After the update, one of my three HR22 receivers had one guide filled in and the other two were empty. After double restarts, one additional HR22 guide started working. The last HR22 receives the base guide after the restart every time, but after about 20 minutes it is all lost again. I forced another firmware download and a couple of back to back restarts and no change. Settings are correct on a non-SWM slimline 5, and all channels receive fine. I assume I should try the unplug overnight next?

Perhaps you are no given it enough time to build the guide.  it takes 24 about hours after a complete guide flush

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#67 OFFLINE   skinnyJM

skinnyJM

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts
  • LocationDFW DMA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Both DVRs received 0x736 Tuesday AM. One is OK, but the other still has nothing populated in My DIRECTV, only a message about checking back later. It is also missing YouTube and Pandora. It has been over 48 hours and a restart did not help. I have also verified internet connectivity and everything else checks out OK. Not quite sure what the issue is.

DIRECTV since April 2000.

#68 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,958 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Nor I, but unless you sorely miss those things on that box, I'd wait for it to straighten itself out over time. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#69 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,030 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

Both DVRs received 0x736 Tuesday AM. One is OK, but the other still has nothing populated in My DIRECTV, only a message about checking back later. It is also missing YouTube and Pandora. It has been over 48 hours and a restart did not help. I have also verified internet connectivity and everything else checks out OK. Not quite sure what the issue is.

do a reboot then as soon as its back up again reboot it again then wait 72 hours and see what happens.

#70 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

What does PIG mean?  Thanks!

#71 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Picture In Guide

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#72 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,958 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

It means "Picture in Graphics"- so both the Guide and the List.

#73 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

No Pandora or Youtube.

Perhaps I Misremembered.

#74 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

I want to know why I can't add any apps, or even see the ones I had before.

DIRECTV Since 5/13/2012:

Living room      Master Bedroom        Bedroom 2            Bedroom 3       Office/Bedroom 4      

HR34-700  /  C31-700  /  HR24-500 / HR23-700  /  H25-100 

Slimline 5 / SWiM 16 / Premier / MLB EI  / MRV

Blue Ridge Cable Networked 30-3 Mbps 

#75 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,958 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

It seems with the new apps in HD, that's the way they are, and I've not seen an explanation or promise to change what we have. They're nice, but probably not a high priority right now. Well, for certain they are not right now. 

#76 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,303 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

I want to know why I can't add any apps, or even see the ones I had before.

because those were removed

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#77 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

because those were removed

well that explains it! I liked the Team tracker apps for NFL and MLB.

DIRECTV Since 5/13/2012:

Living room      Master Bedroom        Bedroom 2            Bedroom 3       Office/Bedroom 4      

HR34-700  /  C31-700  /  HR24-500 / HR23-700  /  H25-100 

Slimline 5 / SWiM 16 / Premier / MLB EI  / MRV

Blue Ridge Cable Networked 30-3 Mbps 

#78 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

This latest version has made my HR24-500 slower than molasses in January! Ugh!!! It is now the single WORST receiver I have, and that's saying a lot, considering I have HR20-700s (2), an HR20-100, and some HR21s, HR22s, and an HR23. My HR24-200 is working fine. It's the damn -500 that is abysmal. I seriously want to drop kick the stupid thing out the window, but even THAT would probably not work!

I have an HR24/500 running on 0x0736 software and its speed is fine.  What it does do, though, is to freeze for 30 seconds when I press RECORD.  I can't stop the recording, change channels, or anything else for the 30 seconds.  This has been going on since 0x062c was replaced.  DirecTV says it may be because I have to many partial recordings on the hard drive.  I say that is nonsense because after 0x062c was replaced, I forced a download and somehow 0x062c came back for a few days.  Then there was no freezing.  My personal opinion is that the DirecTV software engineering staff are a bunch of cretins that all need to be replaced. 

#79 OFFLINE   eileen22

eileen22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

I got the 0x0736 update on my HR20-700 on 8/14/13. Since then, I have had the receiver lose the Whole Home connection twice, both times were when viewing a recording from the HR34 Genie that it is networked with. The first time I had paused a recording, and when I tried to resume it, the connection dropped. The second time was just a few minutes ago, I had finished watching a recording, and when I tried to delete it, the connection dropped. Restarting the receiver reconnected the HR20 both times. I've only had Whole Home and the HR34 since May, but have never had the HR20 drop its connection until this release, and now it has happened twice in a week. Nothing else has changed in my home network. I also briefly saw the red circles a few days ago on the HR20's recordings, saying that too many tuners were in use. At the time there were no tuners in use in the HR20, and only one in use on the Genie. That issue resolved itself without a restart, so I don't know what was going on there. Anyone else having connectivity issues with this release?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#80 OFFLINE   hadley

hadley

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

0x736 is playing havoc with MediaSHare on my HR24-500.  Since 0x736 downloaded, my MS videos start and then abort in a few seconds.  MS Audio plays but very shortly hangs with a sort of echoing that can't be stopped.  I've also noticed the new Apps are very slow (when they work at all) and often leave the black boxes behind as reported earlier.  I recognize that MediaShare is still listed as "Beta" but it should still work with new releases. Or am I missing something?

spam firewall