Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22 0x0736 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,288 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

On the same DVR? Which model(s)?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   mitch300

mitch300

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

Both DVR's. HR24-500 and HR20-700. When siging up for Sunday Ticket I mentioned this and the person thought it was a bug that should be fixed by the opening of the NFL season. I was suprised no one has these issues besdies me.

#103 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 567 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Both DVR's. HR24-500 and HR20-700. When siging up for Sunday Ticket I mentioned this and the person thought it was a bug that should be fixed by the opening of the NFL season. I was suprised no one has these issues besdies me.

I've had that bug too.

Sent from the other side of the Milky Way with my S4.

#104 OFFLINE   mitch300

mitch300

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

I've had that bug too.

Do you still have it? What did you do to get rid of it?

#105 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Raid!

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#106 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 567 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Do you still have it? What did you do to get rid of it?

I didn't do anything really. It went away on its own.

#107 OFFLINE   V'ger

V'ger

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

A few nights after receiving 0x736 on my HR20-700, at late night (2AM EST) I was recording a program in HD and tried to switch to another HD channel and got a blank screen. I waited 10 minutes, changed channels, even to local HD channels and got a blank screen. I assume DirecTV was downloading their instant movies or something at the time,using a tuner. Two SD channels worked fine as did my HR21-700 DVR at the same time. Next morning, both HD tuners were available.

A new weather zip code was introduced. Both my DVRs had a DirecTV default of 90245 entered. This affected both the weather TV app, the weather channel 'on the 8s' local info and the weather info from the Active button. To fix, you had to go into the DirecTv active, select weather, My Cities, then find the 'Change Home Zip' button and set your local zip code there. It should be in the Settings.or use the disk Zip code in Settings. After finding and assigning the zip code, my Ohio weather (rather than DTV's) was displayed in all three places. Finally, the weather map used by TV Apps is such noisy background and rain is colored so weakly compared to the terrain that it is very hard to distinguish where rain is. Too many cities in bright white font also make it hard to see where it is raining.

The new TV apps is frequently coming up with 'not available'. Retry a few times and it works. this happens on both my HR20-700 and HR21-700. Worse in late evening or during night.

I had one instance on both DVRs where the guide was displaying the correct program name, but the description was for a show on another channel. this was seen the first day after the DVRs were updated and hasn't been seen since.

Seeing lots of on-screen glitches/pixelization. When happens while watching live and recording, the recording doesn't seem to have the glitch.

This final bug has been around since Youtube support was introduced. When you view a Youtube video and after it completes, you select 'More From", if the youtube account name has a space in it, you get zero results. Only names with no spaces return results.

Edited by V'ger, 07 September 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#108 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Had the H2X in my workshop ask to download software today, I agreed, and everything went just fine, progress bar, check settings, self test, yada, yada, yada, then when it was all done and I thought I could finally watch TV, I get a screen I've never seen before:

downloading additional software

And it did have bar to click to go back to TV and it would load 'additional software' later, but I let it go, and it took another 15 minutes.

Did not have to sit thru another guide data loading, but no progress bar either.  

Worked fine when it was done, but took right at 30 minutes.

Not sure what the additional software load was, maybe some fixes for the issues noted above ??

#109 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,288 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Additional software might include logos, panels (showing images for shows) and perhaps extras. I've always been away when this has happened on my DVRs. 

#110 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Just found out that DirecTV2PC is no longer recognizing my HD DVR all the time and when it does I cannot see the recordings.  Still can't get the network STB settings set - never an issue before - and am guessing this may be affecting DirecTV2PC.  Anyone have any ideas I can try as I have already done the usual reset, RBR and 30 minute unplug.  Thanks.

Mine works but if I watch a show on my upstairs dvr and then switch to the downstairs one, it suddenly shows no recordings.  I have to close Directv2PC and restart it then if I go from downstairs to upstairs I have to stop and restart again..  Basically it happens anytime I switch DVRs.    I know they arent really supporting it, but it is going to suck if it ever loses functionality.  I use it literally every weekend while I am gaming.

since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#111 OFFLINE   mrmojo

mrmojo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Mine works but if I watch a show on my upstairs dvr and then switch to the downstairs one, it suddenly shows no recordings.  I have to close Directv2PC and restart it then if I go from downstairs to upstairs I have to stop and restart again..  Basically it happens anytime I switch DVRs.    I know they arent really supporting it, but it is going to suck if it ever loses functionality.  I use it literally every weekend while I am gaming.

I only have 1 HD DVR.  Can you, or someone, please let me know if they have ports assigned to their network services setting?  Mine has been set to "Automatic" for years and I have had no issues but since this latest software release this is no longer working and I am wondering if it is affecting my ability to see my HD DVR with DirecTV2PC.

I would appreciate it if anyone who understands how this works could help me out.  Thanks.

#112 OFFLINE   jtudor

jtudor

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

After the latest release was installed on all 3 of my DVR's I am having Screen saver problems.  After about 2 hours on the same channel with no remote activity, the screen saver will come on.

This is a real PITA when watching a ball game or a long movie.  This has not happened before the latest software release.   I have the power saver turned off in settings.

Is there anything that can be done about this other than complain and hope that DTV fixes this soon?

(2) HR24-500 (originally HR21-700, then HR22-100)
(1) LG 42PC3 Plasma
(1) Bose Lifestyle V-35
(1) HR22-100
(1) LG 32LD350 LCD
(1) LG 32LK450 LCD
WH DVR and SWim.
Great Stuff DTV!

#113 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Ha! This has been a standard feature for a long time. It has been happening on all my DVRs for well over a year or more. I hate it!

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#114 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Ha! This has been a standard feature for a long time. It has been happening on all my DVRs for well over a year or more. I hate it!

I wouldn't say it is a standard feature as I have never seen it on any of my HR21, HR22, or H21 receivers/DVRs.  I fell asleep with the TV on for about 4 hours last night without any button presses (the remote was sitting on a shelf next to me) and the TV was still playing the same channel it was when I fell asleep when I woke up.  No screen saver for me.  All of my receivers only display the screen saver after they have been paused for like 2 minutes or so.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#115 OFFLINE   DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

HR24-200

Screen saver came on for no reason last night.

HR24-200 has slowed to a crawl.  Replaced batteries but no change.  All button presses take upwards of 20-30 seconds. 

This is ridiculous!

I saw in an earlier thread something about ARSL starting with "AALL".  I have several of these - what is the issue with them?  I certainly don't want to have to delete them!

• Swim LNB
  • HR21-200 Bonus Room
  • HR24-200 Family Room
  • H24-100 Bedroom
  • MRV enabled

#116 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,288 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

You may have to. Go back and read the whole thread, and I think you'll be illuminated.

#117 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

HR24-200

HR24-200 has slowed to a crawl.  Replaced batteries but no change.  All button presses take upwards of 20-30 seconds. 

This is ridiculous!

I saw in an earlier thread something about ARSL starting with "AALL".  I have several of these - what is the issue with them?  I certainly don't want to have to delete them!

What are your ARSL's?  I found that by tweaking the ones I had I was able to prevent my HR24-500 from getting the slow responses.

My example was: "AALL HDTV Rangers" in Sports -> Hockey

I changed it to "AALL Rangers" in Sports -> Hockey and my HR24 stopped having issues.  It was explained that HDTV is an unnecessary keyword and could be causing problems - but the HR24 would automatically prefer HD over an SD recording airing at the same time.

It was also recommended to change mine to "AALL Rangers Events" in Sports -> Hockey which would only record the live games, thus skipping over Pre-Game and Post-Games.  I didn't switch mine over yet (HR24 is in a bedroom now and I don't use it as often since getting the HR44) - but that is also an option.

Owned: HR44-700, HR24-500

Leased: HR24-100

#118 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,193 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

HR24-200

HR24-200 has slowed to a crawl. Replaced batteries but no change. All button presses take upwards of 20-30 seconds.

This is ridiculous!

I saw in an earlier thread something about ARSL starting with "AALL". I have several of these - what is the issue with them? I certainly don't want to have to delete them!

Yeah what's your exact Boolean arsls? Because what he just said is on target. The key is a good search string.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#119 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 814 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

HR24-200

I think one of our fellow DBS Talkers figured out the screen saver bug a few months ago.  IIRC, if something else uses the second tuner for a recording, it would trigger the screen saver.

He tested this out by scheduling a recording at some point over night.  He then left his TV on and the screen saver kicked in.  He then removed the scheduled recording and the TV ran overnight without the screen saver kicking in.  I don't remember all the details about how long after the recording took place that the screen saver kicked in, but it was in one of the past couple of HR issue/discussion threads.

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#120 OFFLINE   DJ Lon

DJ Lon

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Didn't see anything in the forums about this...my HR24/500 received 0x740 this morning. Still 0x736 on my HR24/100 (8/7/13) and 0x740 on my HR34/700 (8/13/13).

Dish Network sub 4/2005-7/2010 · DirecTV sub 7/2010-present · HR34/700 (on 5th replacement, 2014),
HR24/500 (orig install, 2010), HR24/100 (equip upgr, 2011), HR24/100 (equip upgr, 2014) · Yes, 11 tuners! biggrin.gif

Protected By... spam firewall...And...