Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22 0x0736 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523

Godfather

• Registered
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

You may have to. Go back and read the whole thread, and I think you'll be illuminated.

What are your ARSL's?  I found that by tweaking the ones I had I was able to prevent my HR24-500 from getting the slow responses.

My example was: "AALL HDTV Rangers" in Sports -> Hockey

I changed it to "AALL Rangers" in Sports -> Hockey and my HR24 stopped having issues.  It was explained that HDTV is an unnecessary keyword and could be causing problems - but the HR24 would automatically prefer HD over an SD recording airing at the same time.

It was also recommended to change mine to "AALL Rangers Events" in Sports -> Hockey which would only record the live games, thus skipping over Pre-Game and Post-Games.  I didn't switch mine over yet (HR24 is in a bedroom now and I don't use it as often since getting the HR44) - but that is also an option.

Here are my ARSLs

on my HR24:

AALL PURDUE EVENTS NNOT WOMENS & Sports, Football

AALL INDIANA EVENTS NNOT COLTS INDIANAPOLIS & Sports, Football

ANDY GRIFFITH & Audio & Video, Black & White

on my HR21:

AALL PURDUE EVENTS NNOT WOMENS & Sports, Basketball

AALL INDIANA EVENTS NNOT WOMENS PACERS & Sports, Basketball

any thoughts on why these would lock up both our boxes regularly?

• Swim LNB
  • HR21-200 Bonus Room
  • HR24-200 Family Room
  • H24-100 Bedroom
  • MRV enabled

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Here are my ARSLs

on my HR24:

AALL PURDUE EVENTS NNOT WOMENS & Sports, Football

AALL INDIANA EVENTS NNOT COLTS INDIANAPOLIS & Sports, Football

ANDY GRIFFITH & Audio & Video, Black & White

on my HR21:

AALL PURDUE EVENTS NNOT WOMENS & Sports, Basketball

AALL INDIANA EVENTS NNOT WOMENS PACERS & Sports, Basketball

any thoughts on why these would lock up both our boxes regularly?

I'm not sure why - I just know it caused issues for my HR24-500 and my old HR23-700s which I don't have anymore.

My theory is that it has something to do with the Far in Advance guide, since ARSLs have to search all guide data - maybe the extra data from far in advance is causing the ARSL searches to hang or slowdown.  That is just a theory though.

If you're having a lot of slowness issues - you can try removing the ARSLs and see if that fixes the problem.  I know it isn't a perfect solution but it would make your HR2x usable again and then you can manually search for things and record them.

Hopefully it will be completely resolved in a future S/W release.  Personally - my problem seemed to be fixed with the 0x0736 release.

Owned: HR44-700, HR24-500

Leased: HR24-100

spam firewall