Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

why are mail links going here

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   john510

john510

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

whenI get a subscribed email to a topic it send me to these types of links starting today:  http://click.dbstalk.com    and then chrome gives a error?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,191 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

This is what I get using IE 10 and Norton Internet Security.

{C} {C}

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.  

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.  
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

I would run a scan on my computer to see if you got something unwanted.

Edited by jimmie57, 09 August 2013 - 09:40 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,056 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi...

Was not starting today, it has been like that for a few weeks as we us a third party SMTP server to send the mail.  

I think the error you are getting is because the network center has been having a few issues this morning and you can not reach the site.

I just clicked a link in my Mac Email program and it took me here just fine in Chrome my default browser.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#4 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

This is what I get using IE 10 and Norton Internet Security.

{C} {C}

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.  

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.  
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

I would run a scan on my computer to see if you got something unwanted.

We are not running any https on this site...so not sure what you are seeing I am sorry to say.  Are you trying for some reason to use https vs http for DBStalk?  

Note...the two issues in this thread I do not think are related.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,191 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

David

I got that when I clicked on the link the TS has in his post.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,191 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

If I click to go to the website anyway it takes me to a login page with the title MANDRILL.

#7 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Ah, thanks.  That would be because it does not go anywhere without the reason of the URL call at the end of it that is within the email.  So that kind of makes sense.  (click.dbstalk.com hops though Mandrill which is the SMTP server company.)  I still think the issue was the site was not reachable.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

spam firewall