Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Odd Experience with NF

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yesterday I was watching a streaming movie and with 3 minutes left the Sony 5100 BD player locked up.  First time I've seen this happen.  Don't know if it was the player or the feed, but I couldn't even shut the player off with the remote.  I ended up pulling the cord and starting the movie all over again when I plugged the player back in.  Not quite sure what happened.  Anybody seen this before?

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,241 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

My guess is the player simply locked up, I don't have a Sony Blu-ray but I have a 2010 model Samsung Blu-ray that locks up frequently (requiring power cord reset) when using NF.

---

Looks like it happens with your model Blu-ray at times: http://www.avsforum....0#post_23629768

Edited by coolman302003, 15 August 2013 - 01:06 AM.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#3 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Thanx, I thought it might have been a glitch by NF.  As long as I know it's common to the BD player, I can live with it.

Rich

#4 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,278 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Why just "live with it"? Get Roku and enjoy all the features of top-notch streaming video plus all the extra channels.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#5 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Why just "live with it"? Get Roku and enjoy all the features of top-notch streaming video plus all the extra channels.

Nick, I've posted many times that I don't like the Rokus.  It's just a matter of personal choice.  

Rich

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,858 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

the point is Roku's boxes handle easy and nice all glitches (actually stream's corruption - dropped packets, etc) as they have local 'connection' between two companies here, residing just a couple miles apart ;)

third party players like LG, Samsung, Sony are to big and heavy to follow fast changing technology

Edited by P Smith, 16 August 2013 - 12:51 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...