Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cannot get Genie properly connected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dishiki

Dishiki

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

So I received my free Genie upgrade.  They sent me out an HR 34-700.  I have that and my HR24-200.  I received my home connection kit also.

My previous setup was that I did not have whole home connection.  I simply had my hr24-200 plugged into my wireless router via ethernet cable to get on demand, etc.

I follow the sintructions for setting up the home connection kit.  The HR 34-700 is upstairs.  The HR 24-200 is downstairs with the home connection router.  I am connected to that via coax cables.  I went through the setup, enetered my wireless network key, and am connected.  I come upstairs and my HR34 is not connected.  I go through netwrok setup and it fails, giving me a 169. IP address not a 192.

I run system test and it gives me the following error code70-73-165, could not detect home network. 

I called Directv and spoke on the phone for 40 minutes and they said they are sending someone out next Wednesday.  I would hope to haev it fixed by then.

Anyone have any advice?  I also did a restore defaults, and a red button reset.  I also did an internet router reset.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,700 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

If you can take the Ethernet cable out of the HR24 and put it in the HR34 do that.

After you take the cable out of the HR24 restart the receiver.

The HR24 has DECA built in and putting the Ethernet cable in it disables the DECA. It does not disable DECA in the HR34 and 44.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Here's the easy way to get set up...

Put the HR34 where the HR24 is and connect the Ethernet cable to the HR34. Do not use the Cinema Connection Kit. That will get you connected to your home network and the DVRs will be able to see each other's Playlists.

- Merg

Edit: Jimmie beat me to it! :)

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 ONLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

so the HR24 has been connected to the CCK using coax, you have removed the old Ethernet cable from the 24, and rebooted the 24? Does it "see" the internet? The 24 will do Either CatX connection or DECA but not both at one time whereas the new 34 will do both but as you describe your set up should be coax ONLY.

*note* the Merg beat me in response and if you do indeed swap the 24 and 34 around you can eliminate the CCK (wireless connection kit code named Cinema Connection Kit) but it means you lose VOD/etc on teh 24 when the HR34 is booting or down for some reason.

Is the splitter that feeds the coax lines to your two recievers green labeled?

Wireless network key. . . If you go into the admin page on your router do you see the CCK on your network? It will have it's own IP and its manufacturer text always puts the listing in a manufacturer sort to the bottom on my look sees. (forget vendor it is) Is your router's wireless ON?

If your CCK is by the router anyway you can run a Cat5 (5e or 6) patch cable from it to the router. (I ran setup on my CCK on a direct hardline connect to my computer and set it's wireless to off since it sits a foot from the router. Then connected it in my infrastructure hardwired to the router).

Don "just the basics as I know em" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...