Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The White Queen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 514 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

FYI: If anyone is planning on watching this tomorrow night, you might want to check your to do list. The first run date is not correct in the guide data so it won't record unless you set it to. It shows a date in June as the first air date.

#2 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the heads up, mine is set to record tonite just fine but checking next week it is listed as a June airing so not being picked up as "new"  Getting this with more and more shows lately, drives me nuts.  Hopefully they'll catch it and fix, I hate making weekly recordings because of conflicts.

This is on Starz if anyone else can't keep track of which new shows are on which networks this month.

#3 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Wow, thanks for bringing this up.

Apparently my SL has not worked since day one. I had "set it & forget it" and I have nothing.

I guess I am SOL until a series rerun session.

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

Mine is showing June for the first episode as well.  I just set it up to record "both", which I always hate doing as I end up with a billion episodes recorded!

Thanks so much!!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,919 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Wow, thanks for bringing this up.

Apparently my SL has not worked since day one. I had "set it & forget it" and I have nothing.

I guess I am SOL until a series rerun session.

Starz usually puts their series on VOD.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Well I am getting really screwed up with this tonight I guess.

I just learned from another White Queen thread in Dtv, that this is another BBC show with the air dates from over there.

All the episodes I thought I missed have not aired yet. Tonight is the first airing on Starz.

I will vent my frustration with this policy in another appropriate thread, but air dates should be channel specific, point blank.

Mine is showing June for the first episode as well.  I just set it up to record "both", which I always hate doing as I end up with a billion episodes recorded!

Thanks so much!!

#7 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,384 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Enjoyed the first episode (S1 E01). If your recorder missed it, it is repeated on Starz and Encore about 50 times this week. It is the story of a person who had a remarkable impact on the history of Great Britain if only through her descendants (not much real information about her is available except key events). From Wikipedia:

[Elizabeth} Woodville's children included the Princes in the Tower and Elizabeth of York; by the latter she was maternal grandmother of Henry VIII and great-grandmother of King Edward VI, Queen Mary I of England and Queen Elizabeth I and the great-great-grandmother of Mary, Queen of Scots. Through her daughter, Elizabeth of York, she is the ancestor of every English monarch since Henry VIII, every Scottish monarch since James V of Scotland and every British monarch from James VI and I.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#8 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 514 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Good first episode. Hopefully starz keeps this one.

Sent from the other side of the Milky Way with my S4.

#9 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,980 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

RE: Air dates and tag on new or repeat: 

phrelin- You're on Dish, right? Was your guide correct?

I won't trust anything on this except to go in and make sure each following (new) ep is in the ToDo list. 

Is this Tribune Media's fault, or DIRECTV® or ..... other? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#10 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

IT is the same on Dish so it is the guide companies issue, I have it with just about ever BBC show, never an issue with stuff aired on BBCA though that originally aired on BBC.

#11 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Confirmed.  I'm on Dish.  Original Airdate shows up as June on the EPG.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

spam firewall