Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Broadchurch recording alert

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

I missed the first episode due to the First run/Both setting on this. But it is on VOD BBCA.

This is another show that has a previous air date on British tv, and will not record using First run settings.

Even using the Both setting, I had to set the recordings for the next two episodes manually.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,116 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

It is really weird!  Mine also shows a first air date of March but I only set it to first run and it did record.  On my Genie.  I didn't set it on any other receivers to see if that is the difference.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,242 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

It is really weird! Mine also shows a first air date of March but I only set it to first run and it did record. On my Genie. I didn't set it on any other receivers to see if that is the difference.

The first episode will record no matter the setting if you used it to create the SL.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,116 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

But Armophob's didn't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,242 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

But Armophob's didn't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

I took it that he set the premier episode to be First Run. As for having to set the next two manually, sometimes it takes a bit for them to get added to the ToDo List after switching to Both.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#6 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Mine showed 0 episodes even after I had set it up days ago. I don't know what dumped it, but it kept the SL in my list with none selected to record.

After I reset to both, I waited a while and it still did not automatically grab the episodes, so I did it manually.

addmendum;

Correction, I just found the epidode I used to set up the SL down my playlist on the 7th

The first episode will record no matter the setting if you used it to create the SL.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

Everyone should know by know that shows being aired in another country first go by those air dates, not the US dates.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

So now before we set a SL, we must research programs that are being advertised as new, to be sure they are not already being played overseas.

Everyone should know by know that shows being aired in another country first go by those air dates, not the US dates.

#9 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

So now before we set a SL, we must research programs that are being advertised as new, to be sure they are not already being played overseas.

I do.  If it's going to be on BBCA or SyFy you can almost bet it aired in another country first.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#10 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,478 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Anyone think contacting Tribune Media Services could possibly get this fixed? It seems it happens on Dish as well. 

Anyone have a contact there? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#11 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well I think it stinks. Why do we have to work for our dvrs. It should be the other way around.

I do.  If it's going to be on BBCA or SyFy you can almost bet it aired in another country first.

#12 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Anyone think contacting Tribune Media Services could possibly get this fixed? It seems it happens on Dish as well. 

I doubt it.  This is the info that the networks are putting out and technically it's not wrong.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#13 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well I think it stinks. Why do we have to work for our dvrs. It should be the other way around.

It's not work at all and it's not the DVR's fault.  The fault lies, if you want to be totally honest, with American TV broadcasters that can't come up with good shows so networks wind up bringing in shows from other countries. 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#14 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

I suppose the fault lies more in the broadcasters hands who advertise these programs as new.

Responsible advertising would mention the series that has been running somewhere else and is wildly popular there.

It's not work at all and it's not the DVR's fault.  The fault lies, if you want to be totally honest, with American TV broadcasters that can't come up with good shows so networks wind up bringing in shows from other countries. 

#15 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

I suppose the fault lies more in the broadcasters hands who advertise these programs as new.

Responsible advertising would mention the series that has been running somewhere else and is wildly popular there.

Hmmm, no ad I've seen for Broadchurch says it is "new". 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#16 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

I had no trouble recording this on Dish as a New episode. Seem to usually be a Direct issue.

#17 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,478 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

We're not now talking about the ability to record or not record, Mr. Klang, but the tags on the show which misrepresent the air dates and whether it's "original" or not. Other Dish subs have stated their Guide info is incorrect. Is yours correct now? 

#18 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,426 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

This is yet another example of why I typically set a "weekly" or "one time" timer for my shows as opposed to the "new" timer option.  Using the "new" subjects you to whether or not the EPG data indicates a new episode... whereas "weekly" or "one time" are good to go as long as they don't change the name or description data  significantly.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#19 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

We're not now talking about the ability to record or not record, Mr. Klang, but the tags on the show which misrepresent the air dates and whether it's "original" or not. Other Dish subs have stated their Guide info is incorrect. Is yours correct now? 

This has come up a number of times with different shows. With Dish I set a timer to record New and it works. I guess it would be helpful for these threads if the provider is mentioned.

#20 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,478 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

This has come up a number of times with different shows. With Dish I set a timer to record New and it works. I guess it would be helpful for these threads if the provider is mentioned.

The issue about which I posted is not a provider issue. Can you see if the dates are correct, or not? 

spam firewall