Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Broadchurch recording alert

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

The issue about which I posted is not a provider issue. Can you see if the dates are correct, or not? 

At the moment no, I am not at home. I had no need to check dates in the first place because the timer I set a week in advance of the premier showed up in my schedule just fine.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,576 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Again, it's not about whether you had a problem or not. It's about the overall accuracy of the tags, which will affect many folk across every platform. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#23 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Dish Online shows this weeks episode as NEW for whatever that is worth.

#24 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

In my experince with dish network and BBCA is that the first prime time airing of an episode will say "new" and have the OAD as the day it is showing. For example this weeks episode at 10pm eastern time says episode two original air date 8/14/2013. but the second showing I presume for the west coast airs at 1am eastern time and does not say new and has an OAD of 3/11/13. I set my timers to record "all" instead of "new" because if there is a timer conflict and the 10 pm airing is skipped it won't record the second airing because the guide says it is not new. i figured that out back when BBCA was worth watching and not filled with a bunch of reality crap........

#25 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,576 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thanks. Posts 23 and 24 say it's messed up on Dish as well. Yes, some are correct, but it's still a hash-up.

#26 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,719 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Technically the data is correct since it is "Original Air Date" not "Original US Air Date".

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#27 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,576 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Few care about such technicalities, especially the ones that  are counter to smooth operation of recording the show, setting up SLs. Such info would go nicely into More Info. 

#28 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,726 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Here we are in the second decade of the 21st century and recordings are basically still done in a 20th century manner. 

When the hell are they going to put electrical digital tags in the beginning and end of shows that can be picked up by today's DVR in order to probably record.

I mean they can track everything I put in my grocery bag, but a DVR is still depended by a clock in someway. And there are dozens of legit reasons why the clock setting could turn out to be wrong.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#29 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,719 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Few care about such technicalities...

True, they just want it their way regardless of whether or not their way is incorrect and makes zero sense.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#30 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

Kids shows are the worst offenders especially the ones that are airing new episodes. Nine times out of ten the guide info will not have an episode number or original air date and for some reason the DVR thinks they are neew and records all episodes even duplicates. Very frustrating as my sons need to look at each show to see if it is this weeks new episode or a reapeat. Happens on Disney, Nick, and Cartoon Network a lot......

#31 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,576 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Can't you tell your boys, "Back in my day, we could watch only one cartoon a week......" ??  :)

• cj9788 likes this

#32 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Anybody actually want to discuss the show rather than the guide data?

I thought the opening episode was rather weak, but I was warned about this.  I was told it gets much better.  For a cheap reference, it is something like The Killing without all the rain and is supposed to be better.  Lots of really good, recognizable actors.

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#33 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,726 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Anybody actually want to discuss the show rather than the guide data?

I thought the opening episode was rather weak, but I was warned about this.  I was told it gets much better.  For a cheap reference, it is something like The Killing without all the rain and is supposed to be better.  Lots of really good, recognizable actors.

I fell asleep watching the second episode.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

spam firewall