Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Genie vs Hopper

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robertsworld

robertsworld

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville in

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hello!

Witch Is a better whole house set up. I can get a genie for free and get several discounts for 3 year as a promotion to come back to directv. I cancelled service in may. There is also no money due now.

This also includes Sunday ticket free.

I checked with dish I can also get a similar deal. But the discounts would be for about a year and there would be $74.00 due now.

This would be a 3 room system. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

check the thread http://www.dbstalk.c...=+genie +hopper

#3 OFFLINE   kaminar

kaminar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

I think you already know the answer..but perhaps you are assuming the Genie = Hopper. Even if they were "equal", the NFLST Max is in the mix. However, the Genie > Hopper.

Good luck!

-=K=-

#4 OFFLINE   robertsworld

robertsworld

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville in

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Thank for the replies. I will probably go with directv as they have the best price. I have uverse only because of internet.
not being caped yet as I do a lot of streaming. I will cut the uverse tv package down to a minimum and still save with directv. I wish there
were more alternatives for internet besides Comcast.

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,420 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Genie offers more flexibility, clients are not required and offers more options to record shows outside of network primetime. However, Dish allows more than one Hopper, though I think they are charging a larger monthly fee for the second one.

#6 OFFLINE   Curtis0620

Curtis0620

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Genie 5 tuners vs Hopper 3 tuners.

HR34-700
HR24-200
HR24-200

#7 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hello!

Witch Is a better whole house set up. I can get a genie for free and get several discounts for 3 year as a promotion to come back to directv. I cancelled service in may. There is also no money due now.

This also includes Sunday ticket free.

I checked with dish I can also get a similar deal. But the discounts would be for about a year and there would be $74.00 due now.

This would be a 3 room system. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

That dont sound that similiar at all.  One has 3 years of discounts, no money out of pocket and Sunday Ticket and the other 1 year of discounts, money out of pocket and no Sunday Ticket.  Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

spam firewall