Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Rain Fade Explanation

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I believe the answer to this is your location (Puerto Rico) assuming your dish is perfectly aligned.
The spot beams you have with higher levels means that indeed they're covering well the island......
But the conUS beam isn't 100% beamed to your area, their main target is with continental 48 states, and then shared with your area (USVI & PR), they aim in such a way that the spill over feeds your area with good enough power to have a respectable level of 80.

What size antenna do you have?

Here's a link so you can see the conUS beam shape:

http://www.satbeams....embed?beam=6269

Three Channel Master 1.1 M dishes which last over a decade

Edited by RG6-Q, 18 August 2013 - 11:40 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,971 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

I would install three 3M dishes if I would live there and want to minimize rain fade

#23 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I would install three 3M dishes if I would live there and want to minimize rain fade

Why you say that?????.  Maybe 16 years ago It could have been an option but these days a 1.1M Channel Master dish suits me fine.  The DISH500PR I believe it's a bit small not counting it has to share two orbital positions.  If they had made it 1.2M I would have one.  My roof looks as if is a TV station on it's own, not counting OTA antennas. :nono2:

#24 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Thank you all for I picked up more knowledge on my favorite hobby.   :up:  :righton: Is good you guys are here.

#25 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,096 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

A quick question: Are you getting actual channel loss with your rain fade or are you just seeing your high numbers drop?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#26 OFFLINE   Rafael

Rafael

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale, FL / Caracas Venezuela

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

Three Channel Master 1.1 M dishes which last over a decade

So how are they set up?
One for each orbital solt?
One with double lnbf (dish 500)?

#27 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

So how are they set up?
One for each orbital solt?
One with double lnbf (dish 500)?

Just 3 dishes pointing at 119/110 and the third one is disconnected for 61.5.  They are 1.1M DTV Channel Master dishes.  It has dual LNB's that go into a SW64 switch.   For what I have seen, you guys with the DISHPR500 have anemic signal.  Thanks for asking.  I will stick with my setup.

Edited by RG6-Q, 23 August 2013 - 09:45 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...