Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Premier League Live Extra Time from NBC Sports Network

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kevruth

kevruth

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Will Dish Network be carrying Premier League Live Extra Time starting Saturday?  This is the overflow games from NBC Sports Network for the English Premier League soccer games at 10:00am eastern.  DirecTV is carrying it and this is being offered by NBC to cable and satellite providers.   These would be like ESPN alt channels.

Thanks,

Edited by kevruth, 12 August 2013 - 01:29 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Check out this thread for that info. http://www.satellite...Live-Extra-Time

#3 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

According to their twitter feed. Only through the nbc sports live extra app. Excuse being given is

Thank you for providing us your feedback. Dish does not have the capacity to carry these extra channels on such short notice. *SH

Will Dish Network be carrying Premier League Live Extra Time starting Saturday?  This is the overflow games from NBC Sports Network for the English Premier League soccer games at 10:00am eastern.  DirecTV is carrying it and this is being offered by NBC to cable and satellite providers.   These would be like ESPN alt channels.

Thanks,

Don't be afraid to be yourself.

#4 OFFLINE   augie

augie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSt. John, USVI

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

I sent an email, and opened a chat with a DISH CSR and told them that, after 16 years as a subscriber, and a current T250 one, this pack of lies has me mad enough to pull the plug on them.

#5 OFFLINE   siwsiw

siwsiw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

We need to send requests to get these channels. This is the only way you get these channels. I don't even see that this topic was addressed fairly in this forum. (don't route to other forums).

Dirt team please send a request on my behalf to add the live extra channels in HD.

#6 OFFLINE   bryanw3535

bryanw3535

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

This was enough for me to quit Dish and pay the early termination fee. It hurt, but I was left with no choice.

The DirecTV installer arrives today. Sports are a priority, and I need a provider that I can trust to offer new programming in the ever-changing world of televised sports.

#7 OFFLINE   gag8828

gag8828

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts
  • Locationlong Island

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

I love that NBC has all the EPL games. The only thing I miss is the fox soccer news on 619 with all the highlights. I pay for fox soccer plus for the champions league. I just don't understand how fox could let the EPL go after 12 years of services. I believe soccer is getting bigger in the US. With that happen it was a stupid decision to let it go !!!

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Gag8828

#8 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

According to their twitter feed. Only through the nbc sports live extra app. Excuse being given is

There are too many sports for me!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#9 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

This was enough for me to quit Dish and pay the early termination fee. It hurt, but I was left with no choice.

The DirecTV installer arrives today. Sports are a priority, and I need a provider that I can trust to offer new programming in the ever-changing world of televised sports.

I understand the feeling, but for as long as I have been with Dish DirectTV has always had more/better sports feeds.  Dish does better in the non-sports areas.

2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

Protected By... spam firewall...And...