Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV Quick Look: App for iPad 2.0

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

When I switch to another app and then come back the makes me log in again. Even it's only been a few seconds.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,321 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Device: iPad3

Version: iOS 6.1.3

Issue 1: Lost all previous settings.

Description: I upgraded the app away from home and it seemed to work well. The first time I used it at home, it took a long time to bring up the playlist and was missing one of my receivers. Then, it crashed and when I restarted it, all me previous module customizations were gone. The app had been reset to default.

Issue 2: When editing channel lists for modules and in the guide, the "jump to" numbers to the right of the list don't jump to the channel range listed. I can tap on them and they bulge, but nothing else happens.

Edited by Go Beavs, 14 August 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#23 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,479 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

I deleted and re-installed the app to correct the hung playlist on iPad4.  Of course, lost all prior customization but a small price to pay.

When HR44-500 is selected, it says the DVR has to be on. . . I can view all HR2x that are in standby.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#24 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

There is a settings: account settings option that comes up OFF by default now for this. Had the same issue and later stumbled on this just stomping around in the works.

Just toggle it to on and it's all good.

Don "nuttin stuck to my shoe" Bolton

When I switch to another app and then come back the makes me log in again. Even it's only been a few seconds.Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#25 OFFLINE   lionsfan

lionsfan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

When watching MLB tonite on iPad app,it tells me that is in not available in your area. No problem on actual tvs.
HR24-Samsung 56"DLP-Living Room
HR44-Sony-A10-42"RPLCDHDTV-Den-
C41- Vizio-VX20L- LCDHD- Kitchen-
HR24- Vizio-22"- Bedroom
5LNB slimline dish-Replaced LNB with SWM-16
Directv since 1994

#26 OFFLINE   bfrost

bfrost

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Since the other topic of iPad issues was closed and we were referred here, I wanted to posted that I was still having problems with the Genie showing up on the iPad. It doesn't show up on the list of receivers. I have tried a refresh at www.directv.com/refresh as well as numerous menu->restarts. My VoD works and my receiver shows up as 'Connected to Internet: YES'. All of the sharing options are set to allow. Further, the 'Network Services' are all running and I can see them open on the router under UPNP.

I have called DirecTV several times and they can't figure out the issue.

Just noting that although neat looking, the app didn't seem to offer any help on this front.

#27 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Since the other topic of iPad issues was closed and we were referred here, I wanted to posted that I was still having problems with the Genie showing up on the iPad. It doesn't show up on the list of receivers. I have tried a refresh at www.directv.com/refresh as well as numerous menu->restarts. My VoD works and my receiver shows up as 'Connected to Internet: YES'. All of the sharing options are set to allow. Further, the 'Network Services' are all running and I can see them open on the router under UPNP.

I have called DirecTV several times and they can't figure out the issue.

Just noting that although neat looking, the app didn't seem to offer any help on this front.

Have you tried to re-validate the IP address of your Genie from inside the iPad App?

Under settings , blue right arrow.. validate.

#28 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

There is a settings: account settings option that comes up OFF by default now for this. Had the same issue and later stumbled on this just stomping around in the works.

Just toggle it to on and it's all good.

Don "nuttin stuck to my shoe" Bolton

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#29 OFFLINE   bfrost

bfrost

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

I don't see an IP listed under receivers at all. There are no receivers listed to 're-validate'.

Also, on the "account settings option that comes up OFF by default now for this" -- where is that found? On the receiver?

#30 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

New iPad app menu. Select 'settings'; it will open a new menu, select 'account settings'; and you'll be there.

Don "bells optional" Bolton

I don't see an IP listed under receivers at all. There are no receivers listed to 're-validate'.

Also, on the "account settings option that comes up OFF by default now for this" -- where is that found? On the receiver?

#31 OFFLINE   bfrost

bfrost

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

I only see 'User Type' and 'Remember Login'.

#32 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

"Remember Login" is the toggle I described. In the new app after update it defaults to "Off".

By toggling it to "On" you will not be challenged for password each time you start the app.

Don "Oxymoron #497: Windows Security" Bolton

I only see 'User Type' and 'Remember Login'.

• lotbass likes this

#33 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,573 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Are any receivers listed at all, under "Settings", "Receiver Control"?

/steve

#34 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Looking for some help here. I can control all my DVRs, informs me what's playing, see all playlists but i my home I Can not play any of the recording s on the iPad. It always says this program is not available to watch on he ipad at this time.

#35 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,573 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Looking for some help here. I can control all my DVRs, informs me what's playing, see all playlists but i my home I Can not play any of the recording s on the iPad. It always says this program is not available to watch on he ipad at this time.

There's no direct streaming support from your DVRs to your iPad. Do you have a GenieGo? If so, you can use the GenieGo client to stream recordings from your DVRs to your iPad. Hopefully "at this time" is an indication that GenieGo capability will eventually be merged into the DirecTV app.

/steve

#36 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,680 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

You have another thread when this same question came about and you said you were able to do this at some point and time.  As we all know, in order to watch on your iPad from your DVR you would need the GenieGo device

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#37 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

You have another thread when this same question came about and you said you were able to do this at some point and time.  As we all know, in order to watch on your iPad from your DVR you would need the GenieGo device

so your saying that the DAFI will not play recorded shows from DVR while In the home except via the geniego and its application???

#38 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,680 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

so your saying that the DAFI will not play recorded shows from DVR while In the home except via the geniego and its application???

Yes. Hopefully at some point, the DAFI will include GenieGO support. But for now and the near future, the GenieGo device is needed to playback recorded shows on mobile devices.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#39 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

Yes. Hopefully at some point, the DAFI will include GenieGO support. But for now and the near future, the GenieGo device is needed to playback recorded shows on mobile devices.

not exactly true. I have modern marvels recorded on H2 and I can play that recording on my iPad via DAFI however movies and network TV shows are not available. This is what confused me I knew I could play something back but forgot it was only that show so when it didnt work on other shows I thought somehow I was now broken.

#40 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,680 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

not exactly true. I have modern marvels recorded on H2 and I can play that recording on my iPad via DAFI however movies and network TV shows are not available. This is what confused me I knew I could play something back but forgot it was only that show so when it didnt work on other shows I thought somehow I was now broken.

100% true. what is confusing you is that Modern Marvels happens to be available On Demand so is streaming via the interwebs not through the local network have you had the GenieGO

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...