Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Genie, 0x0740 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

it is a valid concern, right now the HR34 is two updates behind. time to call DirecTV

No, it's not.  Just relax, you'll get it when your dvr is authorized to get it.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

0x0740 is in stream constantly right now. There is no reason those who do not want to wait to force update their receiver. Do a normal menu restart and as soon as the front panel lights come back on press "0 2 4 6 8 enter" quickly and the new firmware should load. If you wait a hair too long after the restart the firmware search/install will not occur.

You can't force it if your DVR isn't authorized to get it regardless if it is in the stream or not.  No one should be forcing anything.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#43 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

not at all. You aren't behind.

They decided before the one got to everyone to send out a different one with more bug fixes.

And they roll these out slow looking for issues, So it can take months for everyone to get it. ,everyone just wait and enjoy what you have. :)

So you are saying that version 0x0725 was pulled because there where issues and replaced with version 0x0740?

Have never waited months to get, always been within 3 weeks of release date. since current is 0x0740 and mine is running 0x06DB installed 06/18, it is behind

#44 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,611 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

So you are saying that version 0x0725 was pulled because there where issues and replaced with version 0x0740?

Have never waited months to get, always been within 3 weeks of release date. since current is 0x0740 and mine is running 0x06DB installed 06/18, it is behind

I have had this happen to me with my older HR23 and 24 receivers in the last 2 years. A new one comes out and everyone is talking about it and I never get it. Then there is a new new one that everyone is talking about. About 3 weeks to a month later I usually get the new new one. LOL

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#45 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Longest ive seen was almost two months. Hi Definition GUI update comes to mind. Generally they seem to hit less than three weeks.

And they seem to do it in a general order but that changes a little sometimes as well. Again nothing to worry about everyone will get it when it's time.

#46 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Wingrider - I am in the same boat as you. Just be happy that you didnt get 0725 cause it was a mess. 0740 will come

and we will be Happy Happy Happy

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#47 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

Maybe engineering monitor these threads to see if there's any issues or there's several reported issues also, then they delay the NR and see if there's CE issues also, and if there's less problems then they convert that to NR. But all is just a guess of mine.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#48 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

No, it's not.  Just relax, you'll get it when your dvr is authorized to get it.

Or one could moved to the mountain time zone. It seems that time zone get the upgrade first. I think I had a Customer Service told me that Mountain Time zone is the test site? :coffee

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#49 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Wingrider - I am in the same boat as you. Just be happy that you didnt get 0725 cause it was a mess. 0740 will come

and we will be Happy Happy Happy

I hope so. 0x725 was a disaster with HDMI timing issues. I guess I am going have to have the upgrade available in the PDT zone.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#50 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

There was a bad storm that went through with lots of lightning. So I did my turn off and unplug all devices routine. I was watching a recorded program prior to all this. When everything was back up after the storm I returned to the list in the genie and there were programs in there other than what I recorded. I gather these were programs from the genie recommends feature. I deleted them and resumed my program. If this is normal I do not know but I thought I would report it here.

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Ultimate Package, NFL ST, Distant Networks ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

#51 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,626 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I've not seen that- or at least not noticed it if it happened. Yes, reporting it is "a good thing". 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#52 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

Or one could moved to the mountain time zone. It seems that time zone get the upgrade first. I think I had a Customer Service told me that Mountain Time zone is the test site? :coffee

No its by individual receivers. Sometimes people will get them on one box and not the other in their own home.

It will come when it comes. There is no me specific area that gets them first all the time.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#53 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

adamson, on 19 Aug 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:adamson, on 19 Aug 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

There was a bad storm that went through with lots of lightning. So I did my turn off and unplug all devices routine. I was watching a recorded program prior to all this. When everything was back up after the storm I returned to the list in the genie and there were programs in there other than what I recorded. I gather these were programs from the genie recommends feature. I deleted them and resumed my program. If this is normal I do not know but I thought I would report it here.

Just a note on this. The items in the list were combined with mine. There were about three or four items I deleted that were not recorded by me. I disabled the Genie Recommends feature, not needed for me. The items not recorded by me were not it the list until I powered up all my stuff btw.

Edited by adamson, 20 August 2013 - 10:24 AM.

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Ultimate Package, NFL ST, Distant Networks ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

#54 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Received the update early this morning... I was still on 06DB also... it seems I'm normally one of the last to get updates in the past so maybe the roll out is moving ahead. 

#55 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Received the update early this morning... I was still on 06DB also... it seems I'm normally one of the last to get updates in the past so maybe the roll out is moving ahead. 

Us, the "East Coasters" always are the last to get the updates, which is a good thing.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#56 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,170 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Still on 0x06DB here in L.A. after reverting back on the 15th from the disastrous 0x0725. 

And in no hurry to get 0x0740, nor do I really want it, as I enjoy having the broadcast sub-channels back from my AM21's OTA scanning for the time being, and the old app system. :)

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#57 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 714 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

My wife told me tonight the HR34 did not work at all today. Figuring there was a S/W push last night, here were my results at 8:30 tonight:

-HR34 would not power up by remote.
-Would not power up pressing power on front bezel at least 10 times.
-Pressed the RBR button, and DirecTV logo on front bezel flashed on then off after a second, unit not working.
-Pressed RBR button again, all bezel lights came on for a second, then shut off. Unit not working.
-Pressed RBR button again, all lights stayed on, software D/L screen came on, and progress bar went from 0 to 96% in 2 seconds, then overlay progress bar ran the screen, then main progress went to 97%.
-Overlay progress bar ran the screen again, this time it made it to 100%.
-Unit rebooted, and the Pink screen appeared on the 'a few seconds more' screen. Live TV finally appeared.

Checking the system info screen, I got x0740 at 8:48pm CST tonight.

Meanwhile, a couple of my HR24-100's got the x0736 update Monday, and today are freezing up with the new TVApps. Graphics are overlaying each other like crazy, by pressing playlist button and menu button, then arrows don't work to navigate. The software adjustments this year are really messing things up in my opinion. All 7 of my HR24-100's used to be rock solid for years and this year they are buggy and slow. :(

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#58 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

I have my HR44 connected to a Pioneer Receiver via HDMI. With 0x06DB I was able to turn my Pioneer receiver off and have the audio route to tv speakers. With 0x0740 this feature no longer works. When I turn the Pioneer receiver off I will get about 2 seconds of picture / audio on the tv then nothing. 

#59 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have my HR44 connected to a Pioneer Receiver via HDMI. With 0x06DB I was able to turn my Pioneer receiver off and have the audio route to tv speakers. With 0x0740 this feature no longer works. When I turn the Pioneer receiver off I will get about 2 seconds of picture / audio on the tv then nothing. 

That's not going to have anything to do with the firmware on your HR44.  That's going to be a "pass through" or "pass thru" setting on your Pioneer.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#60 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

That's not going to have anything to do with the firmware on your HR44.  That's going to be a "pass through" or "pass thru" setting on your Pioneer.

Yup, this is a feature in your AVR and not DirecTV 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...