Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Genie, 0x0740 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#51 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I've not seen that- or at least not noticed it if it happened. Yes, reporting it is "a good thing". 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,393 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

Or one could moved to the mountain time zone. It seems that time zone get the upgrade first. I think I had a Customer Service told me that Mountain Time zone is the test site? :coffee

No its by individual receivers. Sometimes people will get them on one box and not the other in their own home.

It will come when it comes. There is no me specific area that gets them first all the time.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#53 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDunnellon, Florida

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

adamson, on 19 Aug 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:adamson, on 19 Aug 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

There was a bad storm that went through with lots of lightning. So I did my turn off and unplug all devices routine. I was watching a recorded program prior to all this. When everything was back up after the storm I returned to the list in the genie and there were programs in there other than what I recorded. I gather these were programs from the genie recommends feature. I deleted them and resumed my program. If this is normal I do not know but I thought I would report it here.

Just a note on this. The items in the list were combined with mine. There were about three or four items I deleted that were not recorded by me. I disabled the Genie Recommends feature, not needed for me. The items not recorded by me were not it the list until I powered up all my stuff btw.

Edited by adamson, 20 August 2013 - 10:24 AM.

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Select Package, Tampa Bay DMA-ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

#54 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Received the update early this morning... I was still on 06DB also... it seems I'm normally one of the last to get updates in the past so maybe the roll out is moving ahead. 

#55 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,464 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Received the update early this morning... I was still on 06DB also... it seems I'm normally one of the last to get updates in the past so maybe the roll out is moving ahead. 

Us, the "East Coasters" always are the last to get the updates, which is a good thing.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#56 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,637 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Still on 0x06DB here in L.A. after reverting back on the 15th from the disastrous 0x0725. 

And in no hurry to get 0x0740, nor do I really want it, as I enjoy having the broadcast sub-channels back from my AM21's OTA scanning for the time being, and the old app system. :)

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#57 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 737 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

My wife told me tonight the HR34 did not work at all today. Figuring there was a S/W push last night, here were my results at 8:30 tonight:

-HR34 would not power up by remote.
-Would not power up pressing power on front bezel at least 10 times.
-Pressed the RBR button, and DirecTV logo on front bezel flashed on then off after a second, unit not working.
-Pressed RBR button again, all bezel lights came on for a second, then shut off. Unit not working.
-Pressed RBR button again, all lights stayed on, software D/L screen came on, and progress bar went from 0 to 96% in 2 seconds, then overlay progress bar ran the screen, then main progress went to 97%.
-Overlay progress bar ran the screen again, this time it made it to 100%.
-Unit rebooted, and the Pink screen appeared on the 'a few seconds more' screen. Live TV finally appeared.

Checking the system info screen, I got x0740 at 8:48pm CST tonight.

Meanwhile, a couple of my HR24-100's got the x0736 update Monday, and today are freezing up with the new TVApps. Graphics are overlaying each other like crazy, by pressing playlist button and menu button, then arrows don't work to navigate. The software adjustments this year are really messing things up in my opinion. All 7 of my HR24-100's used to be rock solid for years and this year they are buggy and slow. :(

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#58 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

I have my HR44 connected to a Pioneer Receiver via HDMI. With 0x06DB I was able to turn my Pioneer receiver off and have the audio route to tv speakers. With 0x0740 this feature no longer works. When I turn the Pioneer receiver off I will get about 2 seconds of picture / audio on the tv then nothing. 

#59 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have my HR44 connected to a Pioneer Receiver via HDMI. With 0x06DB I was able to turn my Pioneer receiver off and have the audio route to tv speakers. With 0x0740 this feature no longer works. When I turn the Pioneer receiver off I will get about 2 seconds of picture / audio on the tv then nothing. 

That's not going to have anything to do with the firmware on your HR44.  That's going to be a "pass through" or "pass thru" setting on your Pioneer.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#60 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,464 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

That's not going to have anything to do with the firmware on your HR44.  That's going to be a "pass through" or "pass thru" setting on your Pioneer.

Yup, this is a feature in your AVR and not DirecTV 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#61 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yup, this is a feature in your AVR and not DirecTV 

I have not made any changes to the setting on the AVR. 

#62 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

I have not made any changes to the setting on the AVR. 

Then it's possible the pass through setting on your AVR has always been set to something like "last used" and something else use the pass through last and it didn't "switch back".   There's nothing in the HR44 firmware that would tell your AVR whether or not to use the pass through.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#63 OFFLINE   kram

kram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

The Guide seems to be about 30 minutes behind, which is now affecting my recordings. For example, House Hunters International was scheduled to record at 8:30 (MDT). What I got instead was the last 15 minutes of HHI and the first 15 minutes of the program that followed it.

Also, the issue of the recorded program freeze still exists. Project Runway froze at the 1 hour 22 minute mark. Couldn't FF. Had to rewind and then FF, but the recording skipped about two minutes of the show.

What's going on here? They seem to be making things worse with each update!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

SlimLine w/SWM-16 // HR44-700 w/Samsung UN55HU8550 UHD 4K TV and Samsung Blu-ray BD-H6500 // HR24-200 w/Sony KDL-46XBR9 TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH A/V Receiver, and Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S3100 // HR24-100 w/Samsung UN40ES6100 TV // DirecTV since 2001

#64 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

Old problem returns running 740.

HR34-700 Report 20130823-1852

This happen several updates back then the problem went away quite sometime ago.

While watching a live show or a recording the screen will flash black then back to the picture. When the picture flashes back on it has black strips through it horizontally with huge blocks missing, not pixellation. 

This behavior seems to start more often after unit has been in pause for a while then return to viewing, however it can start all by itself after watching something without a pause in the mix.

Might happen once all evening long and might not happen at all.

What seems to stop this behavior is to put the box into standby then back on.

Annoying but not a show stopper due to the infrequent nature of the blips.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#65 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Then it's possible the pass through setting on your AVR has always been set to something like "last used" and something else use the pass through last and it didn't "switch back".   There's nothing in the HR44 firmware that would tell your AVR whether or not to use the pass through.

You are correct!!! Upon further troubleshooting I discovered my Pioneer Elite VSX 33 is no longer doing standby pass through with any source. 

#66 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Lost Audio using Doubleplay -

While watching the ballgame tonight, I flipped to the news using Doubleplay.  When I flipped back to the game I had lost all audio.  Flipping back to the news, no audio as well.  Tried playback of a recording, no audio there either.  Switched to another source on my TV and came back, still no audio.  Turned TV off, back on - no difference.  Checked HR20 to make sure it wasn't a satellite issue - audio there.  Ran system test, no problems found.  Finally rebooted, audio had returned.  Was not using AVR at the time, only TV speakers.  Received 0x0740 Wednesday.  Previous version was 0x06DB.

HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#67 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

You are correct!!! Upon further troubleshooting I discovered my Pioneer Elite VSX 33 is no longer doing standby pass through with any source. 

Glad you got it fixed!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#68 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Lost Audio using Doubleplay -

While watching the ballgame tonight, I flipped to the news using Doubleplay.  When I flipped back to the game I had lost all audio.  Flipping back to the news, no audio as well.  Tried playback of a recording, no audio there either.  Switched to another source on my TV and came back, still no audio.  Turned TV off, back on - no difference.  Checked HR20 to make sure it wasn't a satellite issue - audio there.  Ran system test, no problems found.  Finally rebooted, audio had returned.  Was not using AVR at the time, only TV speakers.  Received 0x0740 Wednesday.  Previous version was 0x06DB.

Not using AVR then, but are you connected via AVR? If so, how?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#69 OFFLINE   Strog

Strog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Since I got 740 on my H34 I had to reboot the H34 3 times during last week.  All 3 of my C31 are loosing connection to it and all I see is a grey screen.  Rebooting C31 doesn't help.  I never had any issues before except for some network problems during the first week after the install last year.  Anyone else seeing anything like that?

#70 OFFLINE   slacker_x

slacker_x

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

I just got two genie minis yesterday and I've had two times now that I have had to reboot the genie to see anything on the minis. Is this supposed to be happening? I figured that a bug like this would have been fixed by now.

#71 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

Not using AVR then, but are you connected via AVR? If so, how?

HDMI from Genie to TV.  Audio out from Genie to Yamaha RX-V620.

HMC since 4/3/2012

#72 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Received 0x0740 on 8/21 and I'm in the central time zone.  Haven't noticed any issues yet, but been traveling, so I've only been using it for a day or so.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#73 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,393 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

I just got two genie minis yesterday and I've had two times now that I have had to reboot the genie to see anything on the minis. Is this supposed to be happening? I figured that a bug like this would have been fixed by now.

what software are you running on the genie as well as the genie minis?

#74 OFFLINE   slacker_x

slacker_x

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

what software are you running on the genie as well as the genie minis?

I am on 0x740 on the genie and 0x717 on the genie minis. This morning when I woke up neither of the genie minis were working. I had to leave for work before I could troubleshoot. Right now I'm somewhat regretting my switch to the genie/genie mini combo.

Edited by slacker_x, 26 August 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#75 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Entering channel number does not change channel first time

On channel 672-1, entered channel 41 - banner appears, disappears, channel doesn't change.  Entered 41 second time and channel changed.  This has happened more than once.

HMC since 4/3/2012

Protected By... spam firewall...And...