Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Genie, 0x0740 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 156 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'd rather wait longer for features I wont use anyway and have a viewing experience that just works. Just my $0.02.
  • johnr9e likes this
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I hear you, I just know for Verizon Wireless who are extremely slow to roll out updates for their smartphones I hear the exact opposite complaint! :)

Owned: HR44-700, HR24-500

Leased: HR24-100

#163 OFFLINE   Strog

Strog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Strog

I called  as well and they wanted to start with checking all my connections\cabling.. waste of time.  

I did not have freezing issues on the prior 0x06DB, and I am having them now after the upgrade to 0x0740. I (or more accurately "firmware"). Are you getting a new reciever would it matter do I wait for new software and "firmware"). or get a new reciever ?

I just told them to put the note on my account about the issue.  I'll wait for next software upgrade to see what happens before I request a new H34.

#164 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 156 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

I hear you, I just know for Verizon Wireless who are extremely slow to roll out updates for their smartphones I hear the exact opposite complaint! :)

Apples and oranges. When you're dealing with cell phones, personal data and unpatched security flaws, timely rollouts are expected. When you're dealing with STBs that need to do nothing more than play TV and record shows there are no excuses for breaking basic functionality in the name of feature additions.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#165 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,566 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

What basic functionality is broken for you?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#166 OFFLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Scanning OTA on AM21 for example.

#167 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

I maintain that scanning OTA isn't the issue.

It is using a database that has reportedly never been accurate/up to date.

#168 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 156 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

What basic functionality is broken for you?

Five separate times in the last two days my live TV just stops playing. I have to manually pause it and hit play to resume. That's the kind of basic functionality that should never have issues.

It's stupid because I know it's a software issue. Once you stop it you can see content in the buffer. The HR34 just decides it wants to take a break. This was not happening on the prior releases.

#169 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Scanning OTA on AM21 for example.

That was removed on purpose, it's not a bug.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#170 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,566 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Five separate times in the last two days my live TV just stops playing. I have to manually pause it and hit play to resume. That's the kind of basic functionality that should never have issues.

It's stupid because I know it's a software issue. Once you stop it you can see content in the buffer. The HR34 just decides it wants to take a break. This was not happening on the prior releases.

You're right. It definitely should not happen that way. Thanks for the reply!

#171 OFFLINE   Studiggity

Studiggity

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBoise Idaho

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Agreed Just leave your equipment alone and watch T.V.  It will happen when it happens.  Or have a service technician come inspect all of your wiring and confirm the LNB is new.  By confirm i mean make sure it is up to Directv QA standards

#172 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

I've had it happen several times also.  I just thought it was a temporary glitch and didn't realize that it might be part of a more widespread issue (I don't remember if it was live or a playback).

Edited by kkl, 08 September 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#173 OFFLINE   D_Art

D_Art

• Registered
  • 9 posts
  • LocationN. Calif.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

I had this issue triggered by disconnecting coax. It was fixed by syncing my genie with clients. Do a hard reset of genie (unplug for 15+ sec). Then do red button resets on clients. This worked for me on the 2 occasions I had this problem.

#174 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 156 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

I had this issue triggered by disconnecting coax. It was fixed by syncing my genie with clients. Do a hard reset of genie (unplug for 15+ sec). Then do red button resets on clients. This worked for me on the 2 occasions I had this problem.

It behaved better over the weekend, but if it happens again I'll try. I don't have any clients connected - I got the genie for the 5 tuners. I have H25s in my other rooms (which never miss a beat).

#175 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

I called Direct t tv someone is coming out about my freezing and pixelation on my DVRHD34 is this a software issue what do I tell Direct tv  the freezing and pixelation seems can happen alot during the day  or could go several hour nothing happens anyone else dose this on theirs what  do I tell Directv?

#176 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,566 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Make sure you have a recording that shows that problem.

#177 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Laxguy

my freezing and pixelation on my DVRHD34 is this a software issue it happens when changing channels dose it happen when recording to ? what do I tell Direct tv  the freezing and pixelation seems can happen alot during the day  or could go several hour nothing happens anyone else dose this on theirs what  do I tell Directv?

#178 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,566 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

I would write down exactly what problems you have, when you have them. I would also check recordings that show this problem and write down their names.

Good luck!

#179 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Laxguy my issue is  freezing and pixelation on my DVRHD34  when changing channels

you say   recording ?

#180 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,566 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

How long do these issues last? Are they on certain channels and not others? 

spam firewall