Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Sunday Ticket won't be on PlayStation this season

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,446 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

NFL Sunday Ticket won't be on PlayStation this season

We got our first taste of NFL Sunday Ticket on the PS3 back in 2011, but now Sony has confirmed it's not available for the 2013 - 2014 season. IGN asked PlayStation reps why the app would not be active this season and they wouldn't confirm any specific reasons. 

For its part, DirecTV told us it's working on enhancing the experience for new and existing satellite customers, although those who can't get satellite TV can still sign up for the mobile / web streaming package. That league commissioner Roger Goodell recently made a cameo in Microsoft's Xbox One launch event probably isn't a total coincidence, but the package won't be available there either, at least not for this season.

marketingnflstps3chips102fx.jpg
Engadget

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

Having the PS3 streaming via PSN for the past two season when I was with Brighthouse,I think the main reason this is not being offered again is there were a TON of complaints due to the poor encoding of streams.

No matter how good ones internet service ,people were still experiancing stuttering,hitching,pixelation and loss of connection to server.You could go to Directv's twitter feed on sunday's and see the massive complaints along with Playstation's support forum.

Also ,many like myself would get the wrong games blacked out.For instance I live in Florida and instead of getting Tampa Bay games blacked out I would get the Jets and Giants.

The system would think that i'am in the New York market when mlbtv and all ip and speed test would show that i'am in a Florida market.

I due give Directv and Sony credit for at least trying and giving a valiant effort,they just could not get the streams  consistent and with good quality like MLBTV does.

I'am glad that I now have Directv service and just missed the cut....Go Bills!

Edited by JohnBoy, 15 August 2013 - 06:58 AM.

Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#3 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 483 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm going to miss this. I used it all last season and never had an issue with it. Yes I knew it streaming but it still. It was pretty darn good considering the alternative.

Sent from the other side of the Milky Way with my S4.

#4 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,314 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

Having the PS3 streaming via PSN for the past two season when I was with Brighthouse,I think the main reason this is not being offered again is there were a TON of complaints due to the poor encoding of streams.

No matter how good ones internet service ,people were still experiancing stuttering,hitching,pixelation and loss of connection to server.You could go to Directv's twitter feed on sunday's and see the massive complaints along with Playstation's support forum.

Also ,many like myself would get the wrong games blacked out.For instance I live in Florida and instead of getting Tampa Bay games blacked out I would get the Jets and Giants.

The system would think that i'am in the New York market when mlbtv and all ip and speed test would show that i'am in a Florida market.

I due give Directv and Sony credit for at least trying and giving a valiant effort,they just could not get the streams  consistent and with good quality like MLBTV does.

I'am glad that I now have Directv service and just missed the cut....Go Bills!

I guess I was right afterall huh John?

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#5 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

I guess I was right afterall huh John?

Lucky for you,you got out of washing my car every saturday.
Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#6 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

It's moving to XBOX :)

"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#7 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,314 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Lucky for you,you got out of washing my car every saturday.

Luck nothing lol.  I tried to tell you.  Just the fact that there was so little to find out about it online was a sign it wasn't going to be available.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#8 OFFLINE   Bambler

Bambler

Legend

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I wonder how much control or influence the NFL retains while DirecTV has exclusive rights? Do they have a say or can they dictate what platforms outside of DirecTV can broadcast Sunday Ticket?

I don't think this technology was widely available when their first contract was written, but who knows?

spam firewall