Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'That '70s Show' star Lisa Robin Kelly dead at 43

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,181 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

From Fox News:

Lisa Robin Kelly, who rose to fame as Laurie Forman on "That '70s Show" died on Wednesday night, her manager told FOX411. 

She was 43. 

The actress died in a rehab facility, and her cause of death is still unknown. 

Since Kelly's role on "That '70s Show" wrapped, she was often in the news for her legal troubles. Most recently on June 23, the actress was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. 

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,948 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

70s-show.jpg

I remembered the show, but I couldn't remember her part until I saw the above imagine.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#3 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 529 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yikes. Drugs effing suck. Such a shame when people succumb to them.

Sent from the other side of the Milky Way with my S4.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,793 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yikes. Drugs effing suck. Such a shame when people succumb to them.

Yep ...

kelly_20130624101230_320_240.JPG

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

They do, but in her case the drug was apparently alcohol (everything I read only referenced alcohol, DUIs, domestic abuse calls, and a tragic downward spiral following a miscarriage in 2003). That said, alcohol is rarely the only drug chosen by someone who abuses substances to this extent. It is also why she left the show and was replaced by another actress, reportedly. Not to make too light of it, but anyone who goes by either one or three names probably has identity issues, especially if its three first names. I can't think of anyone famous that goes by three names that isn't just a little bit off.

It's very sad. She was a real cutie, and I always liked it when she was on screen. Pity. Those of us who are not susceptible to being influenced by drugs, including many legal ones, are exceptionally lucky.

But even the most benign drug, marijuana, can ruin the trajectory of your life by robbing you of personal growth and initiative. Don't let that happen. Being around other musicians I still only used it mostly off and on and even then only on weekends, and just a little bit, recreationally, but for 27 years; 18 years later I am still trying to recover from not doing all the things I should have done but did not do because of just being stoned. Regret also sucks.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,686 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

R.I.P. Lisa

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#7 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Very sad :(

#8 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,181 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Coroner's office investigating Lisa Robin Kelly's mysterious death

Lisa Robin Kelly’s death last week has left authorities feeling uneasy.

The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office is investigating the "That '70s Show" star's mysterious death, her manager Craig Wyckoff told FOX411. 

In a move that Wyckoff called "not routine" the office is looking into exactly what transpired on Aug. 14 when 43-year-old Kelly died in her sleep at a California rehab facility. 

"It's not routine, but in the state of California, if a woman is found dead under a certain age, then they have to do an investigation," he explained. 

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#9 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,431 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

From a story yesterday:

Lisa Robin Kelly, the troubled actress who played bad girl Laurie Forman on the Fox sitcom “That ’70s Show,” died of multiple drug intoxication, the Los Angeles County coroner’s department said Friday.

...Further details from the coroner’s department were scant, aside from the fact that the fatal intoxication took place by oral ingestion, and that the manner of death was accidental.

The coroner’s report, which requires additional time for transcription, is not yet available to the public.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

Protected By... spam firewall...And...