Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pretty good deal on Sunday Ticket, etc.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,936 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

I have been a Directv subscriber for over 10 years and have subscribed to the Xtra package for several months.  A few weeks ago I received a phone call from Directv (or an outside marketer - ??) offering me an upgrade to Ultimate plus Sunday Ticket and all Premium movie channels for an additional $5.99 per month for 3 months.  After 3 months I could keep Ultimate at the regular price or downgrade if I wished.  The premiums would go away at that time but I would continue to get Sunday Ticket for the rest of the NFL season in either case.  There was a one-year Directv commitment, which was no big deal.

Essentially it was for Sunday Ticket plus 3 months of all Premium movie channels for $17.97, which sounds like a good deal to me :bink: .  I initially turned it down but after receiving two more calls with the same offer I decided to go for it.  I'll probably call next year and cancel Sunday Ticket before it renews.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

I hope the call and the deal was legit. If not don't be surprised to see unexpected charges.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 Deactivated
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#3 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 370 posts
  • LocationDover, PA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Never heard about the other goodies being offered but, i do know that Directv offered us Sunday Ticket for free with a one year agreement.. I guess they finally decided it was time to do something about all the calls for free Sunday ticket...

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#4 OFFLINE   mmmason23

mmmason23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

I got a similar deal last year but it was free extra inning instead of Sunday ticket. I think it's to get you to switch out of a legacy package. Though when they processed mine they messed it up and I still have a legacy package hahaha

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,936 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

I hope the call and the deal was legit. If not don't be surprised to see unexpected charges.

I received a letter from Directv yesterday confirming the deal.

#6 OFFLINE   iwatchtv

iwatchtv

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Got this offer today too. Any follow up on it? Any strange bills or did it work as they promised?

spam firewall