Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Valued Customer" free HD-DVR upgrade and Protection Plan Equipment Upgrade Offer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Raimar

Raimar

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hi,

My account page has been showing the "valued customer" free HD-DVR offer for a couple of months. Starting mid september I am also eligible for the 2 year Protection Plan Equipment Upgrade Offer.  Are these two offers one and the same or I am entitled to two different new equipment upgrade offers (once september comes around).

A week ago I spoke with a representative due to a problem with my satellite (water got on the cable lines and had to be replaced).  And she seemed to think they were different offers.

Today I was ready to do the Valued Customer upgrade and spoke with a representative who told me they were the same offer, but that usually they will give you the protection plan upgrade up to 3 months before you become "officially" eligible for the 2-year Protection Plan Equipment Upgrade.  So I am not sure who to believe.

Currently I have an H23, H25, HR24 and HR34.  I would like the upgrade the H23 to an HR24 through the valued customer upgrade (need to keep component for the slingbox setup at that location).  And come september, when "the 2 year protection plan equipment upgrade offer" becomes available, I would like to upgrade the HR34 to an HR44 (will they let you upgrade from one genie to another genie?).  Optionally I would have liked to replace the h25 for a C31 Wireless but they are not available in my area yet.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,641 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

There is no way to upgrade from a HR34 to an HR44 currently

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,121 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

The C31's are awful.  You want a C41.  I don't believe there is a public wireless version.  And Peds is right, you cannot "upgrade" a Genie.  That is the upgrade. 

I don't know the answer regarding 2 upgrades or not, but you can always call back and play CSR roulette until you get the answer you want/

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,641 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

The C31's are awful.  You want a C41.  I don't believe there is a public wireless version. 

There is a "public" version but only on certain test markets.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,502 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Same goes for replacing the H23 with a HR24 specifically. You can't do that through DirecTV. You can go to an HR, but no guarantee it'll be a 24. Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#6 OFFLINE   Raimar

Raimar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for all the information.  I guess I will get the free HD-DVR upgrade and take my chances with receiving an hr24 to replace the h23.

spam firewall