Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Turn-On Order

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnnytex

johnnytex

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Updating the receiver to a Onkyo TX NR616 to go along with my Panasonic TH-50PZ85U and DirecTV HR44-500.

I was not having problem but just wondering about the proper tun-on orders for these devices.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Tex

HR44-500, H24-100, HR22-100 and HR20-700 with DECA SWM16

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

The DTV remote should turn on the TV and the DTV receiver at the same time with the same On and Off button.

We, my son and I , then turn our AVR on last and have not had any problems..

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,785 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I'd would say what ever you do, leave the HR44 ON all the time

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

They are all essentially independent of each other, so you can use whatever order. How you have HDMI connected may impact this, however, which means some TVs and AVRs don't play as nice as others when handling HDMI. If you have HDMI routed through the AVR you may get a second handshake it you turn that on last, which is usually not an issue. Or it may cause it to hang. I turn the AVR on last because DTV believes your DVR should be screaming the audio of the last channel it was tuned to at you when you turn it on or select it. I think there are a lot of better ways none of which involve unwanted audio, but DTV doesn't listen to me.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#5 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

On the D* remote -Slide it to AV1 hit the big power button once- Slide it back to D* and press the little on Button - To power it off do the same order.

"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

The remote that comes with the HR44 doesn't have a slider...(RC71 model)

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

I don't know if your Panasonic TV supports this (your Onkyo receiver should, I almost bought that one!), but what I do on my Toshiba with my Denon AVR-1713 is I turn CEC-Control on in the TV and the AVR, and make sure the Volume setting on the TV is set to AV Receiver. So that way I only have my RC71 controlling my Toshiba TV, and when I hit "On" it sends the On command to the TV and HR44, the TV turns the AVR on, and then when I hit volume it sends the volume command to the TV which controls the AVR volume.

It's really nifty.

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#8 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Thats exactly how I'm setup as well.....the directv remote turns on the tv and directv receiver, the tv turns the av receiver on and off

Protected By... spam firewall...And...