Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Confused about On Demand

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   champion6

champion6

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

I did some searching, but can't find an answer.

I have a Hopper and I want to download an On Demand free movie. How long do I have before it "disappears" from my hard drive?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,871 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

I thought most movies indicate this when you are ordering them...  Most should be 30 days until you first start watching them, then 24 hours after you start watching.  Technically it may stay on the hard drive a little longer than that, but you can't watch it any more without re-purchasing.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Most of the free movies have 30 day expirations from what I've seen and that clock starts when you download it I think.

Pay movies and shows are different though.

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#4 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

I did some searching, but can't find an answer.

I have a Hopper and I want to download an On Demand free movie. How long do I have before it "disappears" from my hard drive?

When ordering a Free VOD movie, it will last for 30 days. If you were to order a VOD that cost, you will have 24-48 hours after you have started to watch it before it will expire.

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...