Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

KVH R6ST M10 receiver cannot get locals

R6ST M10 local channels KVH

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dd5087

dd5087

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Bought a used motorhome which had a KVH R6ST System in it. Contacted DTV and they sent me a new card. On Monday worked with DTV to activate receiver. At that point in time my listed address was in San Antonio, so I had all the SA locals on the M10.

On Wednesday, DTV came to install my service in the home next to my RV. When these receivers were activated, DTV updated my new address which falls into the Corpus Christi local area, so all my home receivers had locals from CC. The next day when I turned on the motorhome receiver I didn't have the locals. Called DTV to troubleshoot the issue. They had me remove power from the M10 and when the receiver came up I had the CC locals for about a second or two, then they blacked out. This happened several times before DTV decided to schedule a repairman to come out next week.

Later, I received a call from the repairman and he told me the reason why I couldn't get the CC locals was because they were on Sat 119 and my receiver could not receive this satellite. He told me the SA locals were on a Sat that could be received by the M10. I thought this was logical until I was browsing thru the setup screens of the M10 and saw Sat 119 as one of those available to this receiver.

If anyone could shed some light on this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

SA=San Antonio, Texas, CC=Corpus Christi, Texas
HR24-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,353 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Corpus Christi SD locals do come from the 119.  what type of dish do you have?.  your receiver is capable of getting the 119 but your dish might not

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 455 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Using your KVH system, go to Menu, System, Install.

The list of available satellites should say 101, 110, 119.

Now go to Menu, System, Antenna, Current Settings.

Sat Switching should be set to Auto.

Remember that your KVH dish can only see one satellite at a time.  Almost all of your normal viewing will be on satellite 101.  When you try to watch one of your CC locals, the dish must switch to satellite 119 (assuming Sat switching is set to Auto).  This switching can take a fair amount of time.

It's also possible that your RV is parked where there is an obstruction that blocks 119 but not 101.

You may also need to reauthorize your receiver.  Have it turned on, viewing a 101 station, then send a new "hit" either via a CSR or by using the tools on your account on the DirecTV website.

Keith

#4 OFFLINE   dd5087

dd5087

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

I checked the Menu and it does show I am set to auto.  I am starting to think my house is blocking the 119.  It's on the south side of the motor home.  I am going to move the motor home to an open area to see of that corrects the issue.

HR24-200

#5 OFFLINE   dd5087

dd5087

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Well I finally moved my motor home and that was not the problem.  I still cannot get the local Corpus Christi channels.  I get the message "Local Channel not available at present location."  My present location is right next to my house and I am getting the HD locals on my receivers in there.  I found a few SD channels on Sat 119 and tuned to those and they worked, so I know I am getting the signal from 119.  I don't know if this is an HD/SD issue since the Corpus channels on Sat 119 are HD and the SD are on Sat 99, which my receiver does not get.  Or I am being blocked because something is indicating that I am out of the DMA. Anyone have any additional thoughts?

HR24-200

#6 ONLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

No, your SD locals are on 119 and HD is on 99. Are you sure that the receiver in the RV has had its service address changed to be Corpus Christi? My guess is that it is still set to San Antonio.....Which SD locals show in the guide?

#7 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

You could try this:

http://support.direc...etail/a_id/2494

Click on Just follow these simple instructions.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

spam firewall