Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NASCAR Bristol Race 8/24 on WKRN in Nashville

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Is DirecTV going to show the NASCAR race on an alternate channel Saturday night in the Nashville DMA? WKRN is showing the Titans' game against the Falcons instead of the race.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

I can't say for sure but I have seen programs that run over, on ABC, continue on one of the ESPN channels. I would think they might play it over there.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm sure DIrectv will open up an ESPN alt for it as there are a few games that are on ABC at same time

Philly

Tennesee

Buffalo (if game runs over)

Cardinals

and a few affiliates

St Joseph (Chiefs)

Columbus/Dayton (Cincy)

#4 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

I know I am going to get a call from my dad looking for the race. I am trying to plan in advance. :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using DBSTalk mobile app

#5 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Usually stations put the pre-empted events on a sister station or on a subchannel, or just screw you over and not air it at all.

WPVI Philly is putting the race on 6.2/6.3
KNXV Phoenix is putting the race on 15.2
WKBW Buffalo looks like they're skipping the preshow and will join the race in progress
KQTV St Joseph is airing the race at 10:30am the next day
WSYX Columbus is moving the race to their sister CW station

I can't find what Nashville is doing

#6 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Lucky for me, since the Seahawks game is on CBS, I'll get to see the race on my local affiliate.

#7 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Usually stations put the pre-empted events on a sister station or on a subchannel, or just screw you over and not air it at all.

WKBW Buffalo looks like they're skipping the preshow and will join the race in progress

that I can understand as the race starts at 6:30 CDT and the Bills game starts at 3:30

KQTV St Joseph is airing the race at 10:30am the next day

do they think its 1997? I guess cable folks can watch it on KC's ABC. OTA may get ABC from KC but sat customers are screwed

Edited by jeffgbailey, 19 August 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

do they think its 1997? I guess cable folks can watch it on KC's ABC. OTA may get ABC from KC but sat customers are screwed

More like 1987, the station still goes off air for about 5 hours overnight.

#9 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

More like 1987, the station still goes off air for about 5 hours overnight.

my local CBS signs off every night at 1:07 and signs back on at 5AM.

Cable and Directv subs get paid programs during that time but the OTA feed does sign off

(until a year ago all you'd see is color bars during that time on Directv and cable)

#10 OFFLINE   goober22

goober22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSunny Flori-Duh!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

Jayski.com (and ESPN) posted an affected market schedule:

-snip

Saturdays NASCAR Sprint Cup Race to Air on Alternate Channels in Seven Markets:

The affected markets:
Buffalo ABC affiliate WKBW-TV will join either NASCAR Countdown or the race in progress following 4:30 p.m. Buffalo-Washington game.
Charlotte, NC ABC affiliate WSOC-TV will join either NASCAR Countdown or the race in progress following 4:30 p.m. Buffalo-Washington game.
Columbus, Ohio NASCAR Countdown and race will air on local station WWHO-TV.
Dayton, Ohio NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN and on Digital Tier 2 channel of ABC affiliate WKEF-TV.
Nashville, TN NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN.
Philadelphia NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN and on Digital Tier 2 channel of ABC affiliate WPVI-TV.
Phoenix NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN and Digital Tier 2 channel of ABC affiliate KNXV-TV.
Rochester, NY -- ABC affiliate WHAM-TV will air NASCAR Countdown on its Digital Tier 2 channel and will join in progress on its main channel following 4:30 p.m. Buffalo-Washington game.
St. Joseph, MO NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN.
Weslaco, TX NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN and Digital Tier 2 channel of ABC affiliate KRGV.

-snip

Story here: http://www.jayski.co...s.htm#20130820a

Edited by goober22, 20 August 2013 - 04:18 AM.

Resident Jenius!

DirecTV = HR20-700x2, HR20-100x2, R22-100+AM21Nx2, All Networked, R15-500x1 (not activated), D12-300x2, Zinwell WB616, OTA=17, WOW (Knology) Cable = Internet & Phone Only,  Hitachi 65S700 65", Sanyo 50" Plasma x2, Hisense 42" LCD, Scepter 40" LCD, Vizio 26" LCD, Hiteker 32" LCD,  Sony 7.1 Receiver, Sony 7.1 Speaker System

spam firewall