Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44 Won't Display on TV, but Streams to Client

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Encountered some weird behavior from my HR44 tonight. I turned it on and the screen on the tv was blank and the receiver showed no audio input either (it's connected independently of the tv with a digital optical cable). I tried to pull up the menu and the guide, tried to change the channel, but nothing happened - screen remained absolutely blank. But when we turned on the client it showed everything recording just as it should have been and we were able to watch Breaking Bad (thank goodness!) through the client. After the show, I came back to the 44 and figured I would have to do an RBR, but instead I found everything working normally.

I have an hypothesis, but I'm not sure it works. I'd be curious to hear what others think. The last time I turned on the 44 was late this afternoon when I read that HBO On Demand was down to see if it was down for me as well. I tuned to 1501 and got the blank screen and message telling me that it was unavailable. But I don't think I left that channel before turning the 44 off. Could it be that leaving that unavailable channel up somehow locked up the 44 and prevented it from being able to respond to commands from the remote? The main difference between before watching Breaking Bad and after the show finished was that before the 44 was only using 3, I think, of the tuners to record shows and afterwards, it needed all 5 tuners to record shows. Perhaps, the need for that fifth tuner to record allowed the 44 to internally move off 1501 in a way that it couldn't in response to the commands from the remote?

Curious.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, Optical Audio to Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 3.41/.71 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall