Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H10 receiver is letterboxed when set to "full"

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,364 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

there is a slight better picture from composite and S-video as the luminance and chrominance are separated.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

That brings to question as to how good is the picture from the S video compared to the Component using the 480i. There is a noticeable difference in the smoothness / less jagged text in the Guide and that is my end goal is to get it readable for her.

I personally never really saw any difference in PQ between s-video and 480i over component. In fact from from what I can remember s-video was actually brighter for some reason than 480i component.

But give it a try anyhow, as your friends might see it differently.  

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

Protected By... spam firewall...And...