Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

programming RC71 (HR44) for a Vizio E390-A1, no luck so far!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ssabripo

ssabripo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

:bang

So I bought the Vizio E390-A1 this past weekend from Costco for the kids' room, and I can't get the RC71 to work with it no matter what!

- I tried going thru the "Program TV" setup in remote control settings menu, and did the "I don't know my TV model number.." approach, as well as trying a few other ones, with no luck.

- I tried doing the Mute+Select for 5 secs approach, and tried code 11758, and still nothing.

- I called Tech Support to see if other codes would work for this model, and nothing.

anyone have any ideas how to get this thing to work?  Kids are having a heck of a time controlling the setup with two remotes, or will undoubtedly end up leaving the TV on, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

12757 worked partially on my Vizio hooked to an HR24.

It will do volume and mute and turn the set off. It will not turn mine back on.

Edited by jimmie57, 20 August 2013 - 11:50 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,855 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

:bang

So I bought the Vizio E390-A1 this past weekend from Costco for the kids' room, and I can't get the RC71 to work with it no matter what!

- I tried going thru the "Program TV" setup in remote control settings menu, and did the "I don't know my TV model number.." approach, as well as trying a few other ones, with no luck.

- I tried doing the Mute+Select for 5 secs approach, and tried code 11758, and still nothing.

- I called Tech Support to see if other codes would work for this model, and nothing.

anyone have any ideas how to get this thing to work?  Kids are having a heck of a time controlling the setup with two remotes, or will undoubtedly end up leaving the TV on, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Go to the Vizio web site and see if the manual for your set has DirecTV remote codes.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

Did you get the remote into RF first?  That's the only way I've been able to get any of my TV's to "take".  When I try it in IR - no luck.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   ssabripo

ssabripo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Go to the Vizio web site and see if the manual for your set has DirecTV remote codes.

i went but didn't find anything about directv... any links?

#6 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

i went but didn't find anything about directv... any links?

https://vizio.custhe.../detail/a_id/38

Look in the list where it shows 5-digit remotes

I did get the 11756 and 11758 to do the same as the other code I already posted.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   ssabripo

ssabripo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Did you get the remote into RF first?  That's the only way I've been able to get any of my TV's to "take".  When I try it in IR - no luck.

I didn't think i was supposed to.  The other tv's worked fine in IR mode.

#8 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

You don't have to put them in RF if you don't want to.  But as I stated, it was the only way that all of mine worked to sync with the corresponding TVs.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#9 OFFLINE   Groundhog45

Groundhog45

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,090 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, Texas

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

For my Vizio, I had to put in the specific model number of the TV.  None of the other codes or the "I don't know" worked.

Richard -- DirecTV since '97
Team SETI.USA

spam firewall