Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44-200 whole home issue

Best Answer carl6 , 20 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Was your whole-home service before set up with DECA and SWM, or was it ethernet connection to each DVR?  When you upgraded to Genie, it had to be upgraded to SWM, and the installer should have set you up properly on all of the units (including the HR20), which is the supported mode of whole-home.

You should not have ethernet going to anything except the HR44, so if you still have ethernet to the HR20, it should be removed.  Which model of HR20 (-100, -500, etc.) do you have?

Double check the whole home setting on all of the units, make sure sharing is on, and make sure the HR44 list configuration is set to all and not local unit (LIST - Options - Filter by playlist).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drjjr

drjjr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

I recently replaced two HD DVRs with a Genie and a client. I kept my old HR20-700 DVR.

Here is my setup:

HR44/200 Genie

C41/500 client

HR20-700

After install, the whole home that I have had for years was unauthorized and on the DirecTV website my account was listed as "not eligible" for whole home. After two phone calls with escalations, they seem to have finally figured out how to re-authorize the whole home but I am observing some unusual behavior. The C41 client can see the shows on the HR20. The HR20 can see the shows on the HR44. But the HR44 cannot see the shows on the HR20.

Whole home status on the HR44 shows Authorized and lists the HR20 as a DVR that it has access to. The HR44 is connected to the internet and the network.

Any ideas what would cause this to be happening?

HR44/200

C41/500

HR20-700

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,810 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:28 PM   Best Answer

Was your whole-home service before set up with DECA and SWM, or was it ethernet connection to each DVR?  When you upgraded to Genie, it had to be upgraded to SWM, and the installer should have set you up properly on all of the units (including the HR20), which is the supported mode of whole-home.

You should not have ethernet going to anything except the HR44, so if you still have ethernet to the HR20, it should be removed.  Which model of HR20 (-100, -500, etc.) do you have?

Double check the whole home setting on all of the units, make sure sharing is on, and make sure the HR44 list configuration is set to all and not local unit (LIST - Options - Filter by playlist).

• hobbes likes this

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,483 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

I would do a menu reset on all receivers.  see if it helps

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   drjjr

drjjr

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

Filter by playlist was it! Never had to use that option before...maybe it defaults differently on the HR44 than it did on the HR20 and on the C41?

At any rate, that seems to have solved it. Thank you carl6!

HR44/200

C41/500

HR20-700

#5 OFFLINE   hobbes

hobbes

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Exact same problem, exact same solution!

You folks rock!

Edited by hobbes, 09 September 2013 - 09:07 PM.

spam firewall